Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Advent Doom Calendar for December 2005

i might send the sausage series part two if you want to use it
it is unreleased
takes bout 5 mins to complete

I could also send the first part, "Fort Sausage"
This has Five maps and isnt too great but i think it may do.

if you want these just Tell me and i shall send Em'

- sausage

DooMknight said:

I finished my map yet, I send it very soon. And, I can use mod format for the music or I should use midi?

You need to use midi, not mod.

sausage said:

i might send the sausage series part two if you want to use it
it is unreleased
takes bout 5 mins to complete

I could also send the first part, "Fort Sausage"
This has Five maps and isnt too great but i think it may do.

if you want these just Tell me and i shall send Em'

- sausage

Well, you could send them to me, so I can see the maps. :)

got the final area of my map pretty much together, will do a little playtesting this afternoon, which will mean it's up to beta (from alpha) status. then all i need is the lesser skill levels and, um, a name. good job i wrote that wad-name-generator, heh.

doom2day said:

I think i sent it. (the message in the msn mail thing stopped saying 'sending email' ) you should confirm it.

Did you get it?????

doom2day said:

Did you get it?????

Yes, but I really dislike there is nazis in it. What to do about that, can I replace them with some other enemies?

People I have got maps and people I am gonna get maps from, could you please include a text file based on the idgames templet with your maps? And for those without a map name, include that too. (sorry to people I have sent an email about this).

Torn said:

Yes, but I really dislike there is nazis in it. What to do about that, can I replace them with some other enemies?

I liked them for :
A: They were between the chaingunners and zombiemen and they didn't drop the chaingun (which would've been bad at the beginning)
B: I put an area using the wolfenstein textures and the nazis are prevailent there. some scattered across the level. More near the beginning.
So
A: change the nazi sprites to something less 'politically slanted' and the nazi related pictures i put as a 'compliment'
B: find a comprimise between the chaingunners and the zombiemen
C: make it a secret level\

Also note that finding all 3 skull keys allows one to enter the room with the bfg and megasphere. blue skull key is hidden behind switch in dark caves.

I'll have to finish this post later....

reworked the final room, very happy with it, some screenshots up at my doom site (see sig). needs the texture scheme to be livened up a bit but i've got the gameplay in UV spot on

Torn said:

(sorry to people I have sent an email about this).

Eh did you get my map at all cause I havent gotten an email from you yet. Btw the map name is the zips name.

Torn said:

Who cares? It's his map.

A couple more screenshots. I should be able to have it finished in time, since I have the rest of the week off of school, which leaves plenty of time for me to get work done on it. It probably won't be a particularly large level, but it should be sufficient.

If I was forced to give 2 reasons to play this, then the two screenshots above me would be those reasons.

Bloodskull said:

Eh did you get my map at all cause I havent gotten an email from you yet. Btw the map name is the zips name.

Yeah, I like it. :)
I am gonna order all the maps I have got.

Here is the stuff i can think of for the textfile:
Time taken: too long
Deathmatch : probbaly not(I forgot all about deathmatch...)
Coop :most likely
Sp : most obviously
editors used: doombuilder, wintex, deepsea(used in conjunction w/ wintex)

I used textures from afterglows website so all of those contributors are thanked.
engine required (boom)
bugs: should be none. unless you cheat.

You have to shoot the thing that is 'supposed' to be a power core in the blue keycard area to be able to finish the level. Wasn't obvious.

rf` said:

Who cares? It's his map.

Actually, i would have preferred replacing the nazi sprites so i could've used the attack but i couldnt so I built the nazi presense in the level.

DooMknight said:

Torn, Did you receive my map? Is the pwrsply.zip, I attached it with the email I sent you this evening.

Yeah, however I haven't fully tested it yet. Will do that soon. :)

doom2day said:

Here is the stuff i can think of for the textfile:
Time taken: too long
Deathmatch : probbaly not(I forgot all about deathmatch...)
Coop :most likely
Sp : most obviously
editors used: doombuilder, wintex, deepsea(used in conjunction w/ wintex)

I used textures from afterglows website so all of those contributors are thanked.
engine required (boom)
bugs: should be none. unless you cheat.

You have to shoot the thing that is 'supposed' to be a power core in the blue keycard area to be able to finish the level. Wasn't obvious.

use this and email me it

I guess DAC is dying. :/
Well, people, do you have any ideas what to do with it?
I got about 10maps, but alot has happen in the past two weeks. And I dunno if I have time for this project, but I am happy to see all your maps. If one more person send
in their map, I guess there will be 3maps each sunday in december and I will upload all the maps to idgames before christmas.

And I still need text files from: bloodskull, meph, Potgiesser, ravage and sargebaldy.

I will deflnately get my map in on time, count on it. Although I'm sure it doesent really mean much since it's only one more map, but whatever.

I am going to give you the two wads this friday ( Tommorrow. i live in the UK )

i expect you won't like the fort sausage and may like the second one

i promise ill send them

- sausage -

Mr.Torn I sent ya the .txt file I forgot to include. Also if I can get enough time I might do a quick small map as I'm well capable of executing it. Note to everyone else: Good Luck finishing the maps.