Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naan

Old commercial doom/doom2/heretic/hexen levels

Hello there,

I saw during my Internet trips some info about levels for Doom, Doom2, Heretic and Hexen that were on stores about 10 years ago, called "D!ZONE" 1 & 2 for Doom/Doom2 and "H!ZONE" for Heretic/Hexen, published by WizardWorks, which don't exist anymore.

Here's FYI all "addon products" released by this company : http://www.mobygames.com/game_group/sheet/gameGroupId,2210/

Are these products just compilations of wad found throughout the Net or does they contain levels never seen before ? Are there any way to get them in spite of their oldness ? If you possess them, what is your feelings towards the levels included ?

Thanks in advance :)

Naan

(PS : LoL what's that title : "Registered just to make one post" ? heh)

D!ZONE's just a huge collection of very low quality WADs crammed onto a single CD. The only add-on you'll ever need is Master Levels for DOOM ][.

And that title is for everyone with a total of 1 post, so if you want to change just post again and see which title's next!

Terra-jin said:

D!ZONE's just a huge collection of very low quality WADs crammed onto a single CD. The only add-on you'll ever need is Master Levels for DOOM ][.

And that title is for everyone with a total of 1 post, so if you want to change just post again and see which title's next!

I would say "massively varying quality" as there are some awesome wads on there (I got UAC_Dead and the Doom II version of UAC_dead off my D! CD)

GoatLord said:

I think someone should remake UAC_Dead with the Doom 3 engine, or at least gzdoom.

Or you could just play UAC_Dead in GZDoom!

you gotta really hunt through the cd-rom for the good wads. some are just hilarious though. I had gotten the d!zone collectors editon which says it has over 900 hundred levels but really has 736 levels, 15 texture or music wads, some crappy sprite replacements and multiple versions of utilities and editors like WadEd, dehacked, bsp, deu, MoDoom... etc.

if you could find one on ebay, it would be good to get one so you get an idea of the good, the bad, and the fugly of pwads. also it's kinda like a lil slice of doom history, with all the old utils and stuff and old levels.