Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KwadDamyj

Game-related dreams

Inspired by a post made in the KEKEKEKE thread.

I think the title says it all.

I once dreamed I was an Arwing from the Star Fox games (not merely was piloting, but actually WAS the vehicle) and was flying around inside some sort of massive, MASSIVE cave made out of a giant Moon Walk amusement thingie (those bouncy pit things you always see at local carnivals and such). And the cave kept flooding. It was odd. O_o

Oh, and if the mods deem this topic stupid, I won't mind. Post Hell it, delete it, vandalize it...Whatever you see fit.

Besides Morrowind, I have had dreams about:
Doom Series
Wolf 3D
Quake 3 Arena
Marathon Series
Splinter Cell
Seems to be first person games, don't seem to get dreams about third person or side scrollers.

I've had some dreams about DOOM. Just ClassicDOOM, nothing too fancy. Sometimes Fly and Arlene from the novellas pop in for some unknown reason. And I'm always fighting Imps. Always. Nothing else.

I wonder if that says something.

Guardian said:

I've had some dreams about DOOM. Just ClassicDOOM, nothing too fancy. Sometimes Fly and Arlene from the novellas pop in for some unknown reason. And I'm always fighting Imps. Always. Nothing else.

I wonder if that says something.

Impse.

Elly from Xenogears appears constantly in my dreams. Sometimes Aeris from FF7, or Shayla from El-Hazard: The Magnificent World. And one time I found myself running on a race track from Extreme-G.

The most memorable game dream I've had, though, was fighting alongside Tifa Lockheart in Doom E1M1 in Nightmare mode. Tyson, to boot.

I've had numerous dreams about doom, including instances of wallrunning. I've also had a metroid dream where I was samus and I was chasing down dark samus using the plasma beam.

Something's coming back to me. I'm starting to remember again...

After the first time I played Quake's first secret level, Ziggurat Vertigo, I dreamt about being able to jump incredible heights. I never did get a handle on that particular ability, and ended up leaping into several trees. Then my older brother and I bunny-hopped all the way to the nearest store to buy some gummy worms (with the low gravity still on).

Any psychiatrists on this forum want to help me interpret this stuff? =P

I remember having a few Doom related dreams before, and a few nightmares, even.

The one I can remember most is one where I was playing a level that took place on the hull of a huge boat or spaceship, maybe an aircraft carrier or something. The map itself was cool, but who ever designed it put in lots and lots of Arch Viles and also made it impossible to find suitable cover, so you were always being attacked. I remember being so afraid to get attacked by an Arch Vile that I used noclip to go around the parts in the level with packs of the fiends. It was pretty trippy, to say the least.

I had a dream RECENTLY that I was the doomguy in the upcoming movie, during the fps sequence. I remember walking into a room that had blood pouring down the walls, and an upside down naked human posted on the wall upside down like the cross. This human's guts were ripped out, like the one in doom 3. Then I was in a hallway, a dark one, with lights flickering, approaching a door. The door suddenly opened and a hell knight came out of the darkness into the hallway. Then he said "Come here motherfucker!!!" True story, I am not shitting you, I swear.

Job said:

Impse.

Comiclez said:

Seconded.

Yeah I figured.

Amaster said:

I've had numerous dreams about doom, including instances of wallrunning.

Forgive my naivete, but what is "wall-running"?

WildWeasel said:

After the first time I played Quake's first secret level, Ziggurat Vertigo, I dreamt about being able to jump incredible heights. I never did get a handle on that particular ability, and ended up leaping into several trees. Then my older brother and I bunny-hopped all the way to the nearest store to buy some gummy worms (with the low gravity still on).

Any psychiatrists on this forum want to help me interpret this stuff? =P

You want to be free of your gravitic, earthly bounds!

:-D

Either that, or it's just a common thing. I've done the 'bunny-hopping' thing a few times too. In fact, I've been able to "train" myself to fly around if necessary. Nifty stuff.

Guardian said:

Forgive my naivete, but what is "wall-running"?

When you strafe-run along a long wall (north/south walls IIRC). Done properly it will move you considerably faster than plain running or strafe-running.

Eh, well, it is a bug (feature) in the doom engine that allows it...I can't imagine it is in cs as well.

I often dream that I'm in MAP30 of DooM ][, because Morpheus hates me.

Oh, and neither wall-running nor strafe-running works in CS.