Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

/Cringe!

What's worse;

A)Cringing because you remember/have just done something stupid and embarrasing.

B)Cringing because your friend is making a fool of themselves.

C)Cringing because a fictional character is making a fool of themselves.

D)Cringing because the acting in a film or show is horrible, the lines are cheesy or a stupid joke has fallen flat on it's arse.

For me, although I spend most of my free time having embarassing flashbacks, I'd have to say that it is B because you know whats coming and can stop them at any time, lol, but I don't.

I don't want to pick one for fear of making the others sound good or acceptable.

Heh, I was just pontificating on this the other day. I think the funniest thing in the world is the squirmy feeling you get from watching someone else humiliate themselves. The last time I remember doing that is watching that video of the guy getting rejected after proposing to his wife at a basketball game. It's like sympathy shame!

Watching someone else do something stupid makes me cringe the most. I sometimes find it too painful to watch.

exp(x) said:

Watching someone else do something stupid makes me cringe the most. I sometimes find it too painful to watch.

Is it because of a NO YOU FOOL DON'T DO IT reaction? That's how I feel. >_o

Yeah, when I see someone doing something stupid I kinda feel sorry for them since sometimes they don't know they're doing something stupid and they don't realize they're going to hurt themselves or others through their stupid actions.
On the other hand, if a person is doing something stupid and know they're doing something stupid and winds up getting hurt or whatever, they get what they deserve and I just laugh at them.

B

Somehow I'm usually more embarrassed of my friends than me, depending on who we're with of course, and the situation.

KwadDamyj said:

Is it because of a NO YOU FOOL DON'T DO IT reaction? That's how I feel. >_o

Yeah, that's exactly it. I can't stand the fact that they are so completely oblivious. If I turn away and ignore it, I feel slightly better.

exp(x) said:

Yeah, that's exactly it. I can't stand the fact that they are so completely oblivious. If I turn away and ignore it, I feel slightly better.

I was more just pissed than anything this one time when some (ex-)friends of mine were acting foolish at my birthday party earlier this year. I noticed they were bugging the waitress, and I was worried me and the guys were gonna get kicked out, or I'd have to answer to management over the fiasco. I was like, "What the hell, guys? Don't you have any manners?"

B, probably. It's more my mom than anyone else really. See, she's a pretty loud talker and she's kind of bigoted and she's ALWAYS talking about sex it seems like. So we're out in public and she starts going "HEY LOOK AT THOSE MEXICANS OVER THERE! I REMEMBER WHEN I WORKED IN A HOSPITAL, THERE WERE ALWAYS GREASY MEXICANS THERE TRYING TO HIT ON ME SO THAT'S WHY I HATE THEM!" or "HEY WOW, THAT SCULPTURE LOOKS KIND OF LIKE A VAGINA, AND THAT BUILDING LOOKS LIKE A PENIS!"

I hate my life.