Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkFoxSoldier20

Editing help ["Sectors not closed"]

Cool stuff! I never managed a WTF like that in one of my maps.

The sector structure on the 'wtf' portion is really smooth, that must've taken a while, how does it look in the game?

Uh, have you tried, you know, fixing the sectors? Delete them and then redraw them (or however sectors are done in DoomBuilder).

iirc you could try opening the linedef properties and select which sector it ties with to instead of an invalid one.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but if you have two different half-sectors that should be one whole sector, just select both of them and use the join tool.

Ok another question. How do I draw on a already made linedef without getting its properties? Cause you basically need to right click to draw a new linedef too make rooms, objects, ect. So, explain that to me.

INSERT works from both lines and sectors mode, and with CTRL+D you can start drawing from any mode.

Sorry, my crytal ball is out of order, so... post a link to the map and someone can look at it in an editor and tell you where the dog is burried.

Normal teleporters just need the right tag and an exit point.
If you make this with the zdoom engine just read the wiki -> http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Teleport

If you are doing this with the normnal doom engine you only need to put a teleporter tag (97 for player and 126 for monsters) on a line and give it a free sector tag.
Tag the destination secotr and put a teleporter exit thing somewhere inside that sector.

Make a line with the teleporter type and give it a tag of 1, then make a sector give it a tag of 1 and put a teleport destination thing in it...
When the player crosses the line he teleports to the sector. You use different tags for more teleporters.
The same works with a monster only teleporter.

Have you looked at any maps with teleporters in them?

Explain sector tags? Are you serious?

You use sector tags to do a whole lot, like make elevators, doors, platforms, moving stairs, and all that stuff you see happening in doom maps.
You don't need to use tags in any pre-defined order, just remember not to use the same tag for two different things. And don't use the tag 0 unless you know what you are doing...
To use sector tags you find a linetype with an effect you want, set that linetype to a linedef in the map, give it a tag, and tag it to a sector. Like the teleporter I told you to make...

So basically I can make as many teleporters I want with using different tags in any order I want. Now I get the idea for building teleporters. ^_^ I'm gonna try that out and make a bigger map. But I have to get more advanced so I can at least make decent maps and no one bitches about how plain they all look.