Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

First word on the doom movie

I read the artical, but forgot what it was about when I saw a fat man's head exploding and bobbling at the top.

We can't be sure about that; in defense of DN Inc., I can say that Ling added the link to this particular review minutes after he posted the news.

baronofhell said:

What's with all the god damn question marks, it makes reading this article nearly impossible for me!!!!!

Your browser can't read apostrophes.

The original menacing forces of Hell have suddenly been replaced by some genetically-modified humans? What about the interdimensional gateways, not a single mention? The scary mystique atmosphere and superstitious feeling, which most of us loved so much, has suddenly become hopelessly shattered by predictable & irritating Hollywood traditions, and the dude who reviewed this crap thinks that it's so correct that it even deserves a sequel?

* spits in all directions *

From now on, movies based on video-games should NEVER be judged by critics who have never played the actual games themselves.

This is like the equivalent of asking somebody who has never ever studied rocket science to verify whether the trajectory of a particular rocket is safe or whether the trajectory of a particular rocket is dangerous and will cause the rocket to crash into a tall building.

I reckon the safest thing to do is to watch it first and then worship or criticise it. I mean for all we know it could be the film which makes our horrid, vermin lives complete.

I've read the reviews, according to them I shouldn't spend my money going to watch it. I'm very stubborn, I'll go.

Then, and just then I'll be able to say: Shit, followed by another word depending on the result.

It kinda pisses me off when someone judges book by its cover

I think I would rather spend the money to see it at the theatre once and hate it, than to buy it on dvd... watch it once... hate it... and own it.

Ichor said:

What about renting it?

I should get Netflix... I'm just not too fond of Blockbuster, which is the only place in town. Damn giant chain stores!

Numbermind said:

Yeah. If at all, I'm renting through Bittorrent.

But then it scars your hard drive.

Ninja_of_DooM said:

Well apparently all the people who worked on the film were big fans of the game.

Heh

Well apparently the guy who killed John Lennon and the guy who tried to kill Reagan were big fans of the book The Catcher in the Rye.

I really haven't paid much attention to the Doom movie until I started seeing spots for it during the MLB playoffs on TV. Now it just seems like they bought the name Doom just cause it would sell, not cause they actually wanted it to have a whole lot to do with the computer game franchise.

Kid Airbag said:
Now it just seems like they bought the name Doom just cause it would sell, not cause they actually wanted it to have a whole lot to do with the computer game franchise.

Well, that's "going with the franchise, but not with the game."

Yeah, it sucks when the only thing that people think about is money, money and more money.
There's gotta be meaning, tradition, purpose and love behind all of the piles of money. That's what should really matter.

DarkJedi188 said:

Yeah, it sucks when the only thing that people think about is money, money and more money.
There's gotta be meaning, tradition, purpose and love behind all of the piles of money. That's what should really matter.

Meaning - Having a company that makes money
Tradition - Making money
Purpose - To make money
Love - Of money