Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

DOOM LIES!

Nick Perrin said:

None of the sidebar links work for me... can you get them to work? Only the home page works...

Like I said, I only had ONE page of it open in a tab from looking at it awhile ago.

Captain Red said:

over the years, amny things have been said about doom, some of is good, some of it bad...

...and some of it just plain odd. Have you ever heard somebody say something about doom that's just plain wrong? like for example, this christian spotlight review of goldeneye that refers to doom as having "sex in animated bathrooms", (he was problby thinking of Duke Nukem 3D) or a reporter claiming doom II had a secrite level that involved killing babies (the commander keen bit in Grosse), and then there are bald face lies such as this review of doom.

Post any examples of this you can remember, that you might have heard.

the biggest lie in that last review is "The fright is real!"

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

Did I miss sex in the bathrooms in Doom? Or are there bathrooms? Hmmmmm....

*thinks for a good hour*

map22?.... na...

uh.... map... >.>

Apparently there some weird noises that used to come out of the monster condos late at night...

Anyway religion and computer games rarely make good bedfellows, if that's a suitable way of putting it.

Speaking as modest Anglican christian I hope I can allow my kids to play games when they reach a certain age safe in the knowledge that they know it's a game based on strategy and storyline rather than an interactive depiction purporting the ideology of heaven and hell.

pritch said:

Speaking as modest Anglican christian

AH! Your kind believes that Doom teaches violence t'wards my fellow man and creates anti-christian feelings huh? Well I'll kick your God fearing posteria inwards for ya! :P (like I could).

It's not christians we have to blame for these reviews really, it's those censorists (because I don't know a real word for them) who fanatically believe that games turn kids into psychos, we have 'em in every religion. It's simply that it is the Christian hell that is released in the game, so I guess it is more personal to them. But I don't believe that is any excuse to give Doom3 a 0/0 solely because of occult images, when the reviewer states that there are less in D3 than Ultimate Doom. Grr.

I still stand by my 'God created the demons and caused Doom' hell in the first place though.

"True, we should take a stand against the kingdom of darkness as children of light but the weapons we should use are not those of this world - where does using a shotgun to blast away demons figure in God's plan?"

Because THE SHOTGUN WORKS! If you were in a monster infested base and the only way out was to go through it and all you had was a shotgun. You not gonna raise a silver cross at them are you!

HAHA... They're taking games way too seriously.
Where does pressing a bunch of keys and clicking a mouse to kill virtual demons with a virtual shotgun figure into God's plan?

Wow. This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Ever.

Yes, even worse than me playing DooM. That's bad, but this is on a whole other level.

Bloodshedder said:

I just happened to have one page of it still open in a tab...here you go.

Oh...and this.

Haha what a fucking moron. I like how he pasted an image of himself on his crappy "coverart" on the main page too. Nice touch.

Csonicgo said:

hahah, written in 2004, no wonder he thinks it's bad when the game is over 11 years old. It's like trying to review the game called Tetris after playing Doom 3. What an idiot. "OMG! Tetris is the worse game I ever played. It has crappy graphics, NO storyline, and NO guns! Bad game!". Total bias on his part.

As for those who claim that video games makes violent kids. True, if you play so much that you lose your touch with reality, one would become a psycho. However, if you are the kind that can lose touch with reality simply because you play some 11 year old game, I dont think you deserve to be called a human being if you have that little control over your own mind.

For some reason I keep thinking of that movie clip where a girl is playing Doom on her church's projecter and using the bible as a mouse pad. Anyone know where that clip is?

I don't know about you guys, but I find these "reviwers" trying to bash DooM with half-baked arguements entertaining.

-_DLD_- said:

I don't know about you guys, but I find these "reviwers" trying to bash DooM with half-baked arguements entertaining.

Yeah, I shit my pants reading about "headshots" (not to comment "points" term), and "friends", and "the death sequence", when you are being eaten "as a piece of meat"... OMG! That's why I'm atheistic! Many of those fucked-up religious zealots are worse than satanists.

Satanists are truly bad, cultists pretend to be g00d...

ellmo said:

Yeah, I shit my pants reading about "headshots" (not to comment "points" term), and "friends", and "the death sequence", when you are being eaten "as a piece of meat"... OMG! That's why I'm atheistic! Many of those fucked-up religious zealots are worse than satanists.

Satanists are truly bad, cultists pretend to be g00d...

Not all Christians are like that. I myself am one. But I'm not a Fundimentalist. Those guys are the ones who are all stuck-up like that. I am obviously not one of them.

-_DLD_- said:

Not all Christians are like that. I myself am one. But I'm not a Fundimentalist. Those guys are the ones who are all stuck-up like that. I am obviously not one of them.

Yeah I know... I used to be christian myself too. Used to? You'd ask. Yeah, I was a little faithful christian, and I saw things that shatterad my faith. I simply stopped believing thad God, Jahwe, Allah, or whatever His name could be, could be so cruel for people.

baronofhell said:

Watch out, your in the great United States of America, christianity around here is almost viewed as pure evil.

And here in Poland you can be burnt to death for not being a christian... especially after new president and govenrment election.

/me hides

baronofhell said:

And in Iraq you could get your head sawed off. Wow, what a beautiful world we live in!!

And here I was thinking George Bush was bad.

DarkJedi188 said:

LOL, I don't see how playing DOOM for longer than one hour makes me feel any anxious or depressed.
Perhaps the guy who typed that review was on a medical condition of some sort at the time of reviewing?

Playing any game for that long makes me feel that way after a bit, I think its the adrenaline dropping or something, but its *******ly not related to the game itself, just gaming in general.

What still pisses me off about this is that the reviewers love the game, yet they don't want you to play it. impeccable logic.

Lord Of Nothing said:

"True, we should take a stand against the kingdom of darkness as children of light but the weapons we should use are not those of this world - where does using a shotgun to blast away demons figure in God's plan?"

Because THE SHOTGUN WORKS! If you were in a monster infested base and the only way out was to go through it and all you had was a shotgun. You not gonna raise a silver cross at them are you!

I always keep one handy...