Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Doom model kits

I'm wondering how many of you would pay good money for a model kit of a doom character?

let's just say about $100-120 bucks for a 12"/1:6 scale imp, cast in Resin.

also what would you expect from a doom model kit. would you want them to look just like in the game, minus the pixilation LOL. or would you wan't something more like Mc Farlane toys with lots of detail and realism?

also what monsters would you be most intersted in?

Marine with shotgun and chaingun in hand, chainsaw strapped under his backpack (which holds the BFG 9000 as well, have it's shoulder thingy sticking out, plasma strapped to belt on side (plasma rifle doesn't seem to be big) and the RL strapped to the side of the backpack, folded like a real RL would be (to make it more compact, like the trigger folded, barrel folded, cap over exhaust port, as this is the most likely function of a futuristic RL, since we employ the technology now...)

Chaingun, Pistol / Rifleman (whatever you want), Sarge zombies

Imp, perhaps with fireball coming from its hand as if it is tossing it up in the air like a child playing with a ball.

Mancubus

Cyberdemon

A zombie marine clutching a chainsaw (I know it's not really in Doom, but it'd be cool to see a quite obviously dead Marine toting a chainsaw)

Arachnatron

Fat Zombie from Doom 3

Four Marines standing back-to-back in a circle, colored in the default four co-op player colors - Indigo carries a chaingun, Red carries a super-shotgun, Brown carries the Rocket Launcher, and Green holds the BFG-9000.

Technician said:

Impse bust. Hand painted with pre-cum stains. It would sit on my counter right beside my vergin marry statue.

My thoughts exactally. By the way, there is an unecessary apostrophe in the title.

So you're asking if we want the kits that belong to a guy named doom model? :P

Seriously, I would love the arch-vile, the imp, baron of hell/hell knight (you could be cheap and just make the same kit in two colors, but different poses would be better), and the revenant. Doom marines would be cool too. I'd make a nice squad of them in different poses with interchangeable weapons.

To be honest though, I would rather have very poseable action figures. Something along the lines of marvel legends or the late run LotR figures. I would pack each figure with a corpse version of itself and maybe doom level themed base. Or you could do something like what marvel legends is doing now and pack them with parts to build the cyberdemon. The only way I could see the spider mastermind being would be as a deluxe set.

In my figure assortment the doom marines would come in the four original co-op colors. Each would have the pistol and an interchangable fist with the spiked knuckles. I'd divide the weapons between three of 'em, like one with the chainsaw and chaingun, or plasma and ssg, etc. The fourth maine would be a chase figure and carry the BFG. There could also be an exclusive "blur" marine, something to offer at cons or through magazines like toyfare or contests.

VileSlay said:

To be honest though, I would rather have very poseable action figures.

What I was going to say. Those can go for cheaper and still be pretty good quality.

I would prefer well done action figures (low price means you can buy more figures). If I could I'd buy the full collection.
Also I allways wanted figures of the three Serpent Riders.

I would love it if that became available.

Cast-resin as you say, like the AMT/Ertl kits for other sci-fi series.

Sadly they would cost quite a lot as the sprites are quite detailed and would require explicit moulds.

I would want proper realism to the game, like Adrian Carmack's famous Baron of Hell model.

Not some shitty pseudo-imp or something from the Doom Comic.

Perhaps with Doom 3 there is a chance?

I would like this little lot:

* The doomguy getting incinerated by an archvile.
* 2 bull demons side-by-side.
* Doomguy with BFG 9000
* Doomguy getting mauled by barons/Hell Knights/Satyrs
* "Rip and Tear" Doomguy
* Zombie's shooting towards a point

OK Sheila, that's enough commercial spam. A little bit was sort of acceptable because it was sort of on-topic, but this is too much.

action figures don't have the same sculpt quality as a resin cast statue, I for one hate the joints. but if they did make action figures that were more cartoon like.. in the game. I was also thinking something like Marval Legends. but I've got a special idea for doom guy. there would be a scope at the back of the head that allows you to see through his POV. even a status bar at the bottom for kicks. and you could raise his weapons and it would be just like in the game. How cool would that be.