Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[QnB]Death

A Weaird Face

[QnB]Death said:
When you pick up a health, but get hurt at the same time on doom classic, what the hell does that face mean?

It symbolizes a simultaneous mix of relief and surprise, obviously.
You're relieved to discover that you've been cured from damage by a SoulSphere, but then you see an imp's fireball right in front of your face and realize that it's not entirely timet party yet.

i've witnessed this sprite appear on my status bar many many times.

The face's original purpose was to be shock at taking so much damage, but when using Vanilla Doom, it appears when taking much damage and getting the life back. That was not it's original purpose, but when using source ports, it's fixed. (At least with Zdoom, don't know about others.)

The first time I saw that was in e3m4 in the baron + soulsphere + hurtfloor secret. Freaked me out almost as much as getting telefragged on map30 for the first time.

That face pops up when you get hurt then quickly get health (but not the other way around). At least it does in the original DooM.

but very funny......and it does look like he's had a case of 10 tonnes of fibre + and a chicken vindaloo.
Kinda makes me wanna make a pill that switches instantly from constipation to vicious diarohea....
aaaa....my evil scientist days....

When I was 6 and played doom well.... I was afraid of the Barons of Hell... They just scared the shit outta me. The way they screamed when they first saw you. Today I fight a shit load of them in the game. lol

Lol.

Can someone put on attacments of ALL the faces?

I mean, there is one when u are normal, when u have nose bleed etc.....

Plz? I have always wanted to see the last one.

[QnB]Death said:
Lol.

Can someone put on attacments of ALL the faces?

I mean, there is one when u are normal, when u have nose bleed etc.....

Plz? I have always wanted to see the last one.

I'm going to make an avatar out of ALL of Doomguy's faces when I hit 250. One of those cool changing ones that randomly changes everytime it's viewed.

To my knowledge, uploading avatars is still not a possibility, so you may as well save yourself the trouble.

[QnB]Death said:
First time i saw that face was when i was 5, i well, Started crying. It screarded the shit out of me.

Screarded? What the hell?

-_DLD_- said:

I'm going to make an avatar out of ALL of Doomguy's faces when I hit 250. One of those cool changing ones that randomly changes everytime it's viewed.

I have the status bar face as my background wallpaper (centered). I set up a script which randomly changes the face every hour. The faces are biased, so that certain faces are more probable to appear than others. "Ouch face" will appear with 1/100 probability, for example.

That is awesome. I'm going to script cool image for my future DW Avatar.

Did anybody else notice that an easy type for DW is DQ?

Them Blizzards are sure damn good...