Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

Exorcist.WAD (?)

I've recieved a word from NMN that the WAD may run extremly slowly. It didn't happen on my CPU, so have to check some parts of the map and such. We don't want another CaH-syndrome.

Specs

Athlon 1.3 Ghz
512 DDRam
Radeon 9200 SE 64 MB Ram..

640x480 res

yeah it's a piece of shit. That's why I mod for ZDoom :P

In most cases, Doom3-owners shouldn't worry too much on this map running too slow.

Nmn said:

Specs
*given specs*

In most cases, Doom3-owners shouldn't worry too much on this map running too slow.

You know, I can't let this map be more demanding than newest DirectX9 productions. It's a 12 years old engine after all... You know that many people didn't play the superb Cold as Hell just because the framerate dropped to 0.0003 FPS on some computers.

Then fuck it, go back to zdoom and forfeit Gzdoom's eye candy.

Greatness requires sacrifice mate. Obvious I won't be playing Doom 3 either. It's either game for everyone or game for those with good comps.

I'd stick with it, just for the sake of not only to do something different, but to be the first one (well...that *I* know of) to do something like this.

You can't make everyone happy.

Killionaire said:

I'd stick with it, just for the sake of not only to do something different, but to be the first one to do something like this.

Oh, I won't change my mind, and the direction this WAD goes, after 1800 sectors, that's for sure.

-_DLD_- said:

Noice! When will this hit newstuff?

Whent it's done (tm) [yeah, get used to that sentence, you will grow tired of reading it if you're planning to stick with these forums].

And unfortunately, this WAD still needs a lot of work. The textures you see, will be all, most probably, changed. Also custom weapons/monsters and such.