Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

I've noticed something

I was checking out the member list recently. How many are there again? Over 3000? And out of those maybe 3000, only about 50 post messages on a regular basis, more or less.

The way I see it, most register only to ask for help on one thing, and then they never post again. Their postcount never gets above maybe 20.

Sad, isn' it?

I was checking out the member list recently. How many are there again? Over 3000? And out of those maybe 3000, only about 50 post messages on a regular basis, more or less.

The way I see it, most register only to ask for help on one thing, and then they never post again. Their postcount never gets above maybe 20.

Sad, isn' it?

They should set up a serious-threads-only forum here for the hard core.

Maybe the people register and then get sick of all the posted crap here - they leave :(

I can be seen as a pretty much regular here, because lately I post almost every day, but I'm that type of a person that posts 0.5-10 posts per day, 10 being very rare, no more. I just can't post much, first because I don't have anything to say about many things, second because I find it hard to repeatedly post junk. Some people can get 1000 posts in a month. I never got even 300 on a board I've gone to for a couple of months...

But at this point I have no intentions of leaving DOOMWorld. I didn't sign up to ask for something or to help someone, I just did it cause I like DOOM and every now and then like to chat about it.

hey,

i dont post much but i am very serious about dooming. i am putting 99% of doom energy into my new source port.
dont judge anyone by their post count!!! its worthless. i visit doomworld every day and all of the threads suck so i dont post.

thanks,

-xooz98

But at this point I have no intentions of leaving DOOMWorld. I didn't sign up to ask for something or to help someone, I just did it cause I like DOOM and every now and then like to chat about it.

That's the case with me, too.

i dont post much but i am very serious about dooming. i am putting 99% of doom energy into my new source port.

source port? That sounds interesting. Tell us about it.

hey,

glad your interested. it is going to have many of the features of the excellent game Marathon. it will also have many things that most ports have, i.e. high resoultions, freelook, etc.

i have begun coding, but i am waiting for the release of a non-beta zdoom (its on beta 24, i think) so i can look at that source. by the way, "look at" does not mean shamelessly plagerize. i write the code myself off of regular doom source.

thanks,
xooz98

I think they just cleaned out a lot of the people who have less than 20 posts and haven't posted for 3 months.

I think they just cleaned out a lot of the people who have less than 20 posts and haven't posted for 3 months.

Yes indeed.

I read the forums all, the time, and I post when I've got something to say. Which isn't that often. Problem is, I'm smack of the middle of midterms right now; I don't got time to post.

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it? I got that right now.

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it? I got that right now.

Yeah, that's pretty much been me for the last month and a half.

Happens to me too, it's natural, because you get somewhat overwhelmed by all the duties you have... And in a similar way, I have many computer games, and I hardly played any of them, because I can never decide and stick with a game for a while, only in rare cases. For instance, I have had Half-life for a year or so, and just now started playing it, got to level 5, and stopped, and have no will to go on, with my studies in college that have started this week...

That's been me for about... 2 or 3 years.

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it?

If there was a word for that, I'm sure my name would be next to it in every single dictionary.

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it?

If there was a word for that, I'm sure my name would be next to it in every single dictionary.

No, my name would.

I just told you it's a completely natural state, so don't feel to special of having experienced it every now and then for a period of certain length.

Therefore if there was a word for this (and there is - Ž¡«®¬ ­­®¥ ‘®áâ®ï­¨¥ „ãè¨ ¨ ’¥« , OK not really a word, more of an expression), _none_ of your names/pictures would be in the dictionary next to it.

Mine would.