Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
westson613

Doomsday Multi-players on LAN

I want to play Multi-players game with my friends with Doomsday on LAN. I start a server at campus's computer room. But the problem is, all the computers of the computer room are using the same IP. We tried many times, but my friend can't find my server.

Moreover, I tried to open a server at Master server. My friend can find my server. But he can't join it. It hasn't any reaction after he clicked "join".

Is there any other ways to play Multi-players game on LAN? It's because Doomsday isn't like Counter-Strike or other modern FPS games. Can search the servers on LAN automaticly. It makes me confused. Can anyone here help me? THX a lot.

I like Doomsday very much.

unless they are using supernetting or something, the computers wouldn't have the same IP.
I'd say the chances they are using such a network are extremely small.
START->RUN-> type 'cmd'
this is a command-line for windows.
type 'ipconfig' or 'ipconfig /all' (without the ')
read the documentation that came with Jdoom and/or the multiplayer FAQ on the DW multiplayer forum for additional help.

perhaps a better start would be to attempt this with zdoom1.22 or another port that is more network friendly... between 2 computers. before you try Doomsday with many.
gl.

I've tried that and I saw the IP at whatismyip.com with my computer and my friend's one. And saw the IP address at some online guestbooks, too. They're actually the same. Are they real?

And I also tried to see it at Control Panel-->Internet Connection...(something like that). I can saw the different one.(different from the one i saw at whatismyip.com, and my computer's IP address and my friend's one were different). But it didn't work, too.

Any other good ideas? THX

whatismyip.com gives you your external ip. That address won't do you any good on a lan. You need to use the one that starts with 192.168.x.x.

For example, I run a skulltag server on my xbox. If an outside computer wants to join, they need to connect to 67.169.197.69, which is what whatismyip.com shows. If I want to connect to my server from my desktop, though, I connect to 192.168.0.166. Actually, connecting to 67.169.197.69 will work as well, but there's no point in doing that.

Do what Opulent said to get address for the computer hosting the game. I'm not sure what the jdoom command is for connecting to a server, but it's probably just "connect". Enter the console and try typing "connect 192.168.x.x" except replace 192.168.x.x with the host computer's IP.