Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Oh shit (Quake movie).

What if they make the (inevitably forthcoming) Quake movie like Doom? Maybe they'll use the Q2/Q4 scenarios and entirely overlook the first one so they can keep their precious marine squads. In any case, I'd be that under no circumstances will the monsters from Q1 be included since they're nightmarish creatures from another dimension.

No, what I mean is that they'd opt for the Q2/Q4 movie instead of a Q1, because that might require more effort and be a bit...hm...occult?

I think they wouldn't base it on Q1 because there is no money to be made from it anymore. Just as how the doom movie is based on Doom3 because it is fresh in people's minds.

There is no money to be made from a movie based on a game put out 10 years ago and it doesn't help market their newest products.

Plus, the world of Quake 1 is extremely disjointed and probably wouldn't translate well to the silver screen.

Well, the Q2 story pits earth against genetically mutated humans, so naturally they'll have to find a way to write demons and Hell into the script.

Considering the whole dealie of the world possibly partaking of virtual reality experiences someday, I find it rather laughable that people feel a need to make games into movies. It feels almost like a step down.

Ahhh, businessmen...

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

Worse. HALO MOVIE. :O

I've heard that's already slated. With Billy Bob Thorton as Master Chief.

I don't know if you guys were being funny, but there's going to be a movie for both of those games(farcry and halo) And also, MAX PAYNE. Now I think Max Payne would make a good movie, considering the success of Sin City. And that movie with Mel Gibson "Payback", both of these movies are the same style of max payne.

As long as no one but Peter Jackson and/or Dreamworkd and/or PIXAR attempt a StarCraft movie, the world will not end.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Peter Jackson do a Starcraft movie. Even more, I wouldn't mind seeing him make a D&D/Morrowind/Baldur's Gate movie.

In a way the DOOM movie is already a Quake movie. Maybe a Quake (2/4) cartoon series to compete with anime?

I don't think Peter Jackson is going to do any game franchise based movies ever.

Ralphis said:

I think they wouldn't base it on Q1 because there is no money to be made from it anymore. Just as how the doom movie is based on Doom3 because it is fresh in people's minds.

There is no money to be made from a movie based on a game put out 10 years ago and it doesn't help market their newest products.

But then again, it would be new idea for many people, seeing it as a brand new, non-game related movie, and then there'd be the fans.

Vile said:
I suppose it'll surprise you that he's listed as the executive producer of the Halo film.

Heh, I'm not sure if I'm surprised or appalled...

[QUOTE]baronofhell said:
[B]I believe I read somewhere that they're going to make a WOLFENSTEIN movie.

that would be a wierd movie.I mean,if it was anything like the
game.opening doors and killing nazis would be a boring movie.
plus, it might be contraversial.(Hitler in a robot suit is pretty
wierd)

p.s: I'm new.in case you were wondering.

That would be a wierd movie.I mean,if it was anything like the game. Opening doors and killing nazis would be a boring movie.
plus, it might be contraversial.(Hitler in a robot suit is pretty
wierd)

p.s: I'm new.in case you were wondering.

THIS POST MADE MY BRAIN HURT...

BBG said:

Plus, the world of Quake 1 is extremely disjointed and probably wouldn't translate well to the silver screen.

Ya got that right. Half the time I didn't know where the hell I was. Themes changed so rapidly.

and I agree. wtf is up with that post.