Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallis

DooM flash

hey,
i just saw the doom comic in flash thread and it reminded me about a flash animation on newgrounds, I didn't make it, but for those farmiliar with Newgrounds and their ratings etc. it reached front page, got daily feature and review pick, for those not farmiliar with newgrounds, that means it's hot shit.
It was a collaboration and, this aint no n00b's prancing around flash 8 for a laugh, these are some of the best animators in newgrounds who made this.
just to re-clarify I didn't make this, or have anything to do with it, just thought a great fan tribute to DooM be known about on the best classic doom community around.

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/252756

What, no LegendaryFrog? Pft.

I'll check it out later, then edit this; I want first post.

THE EDIT: That flash was well animated, but still lacked substance as a whole. When I'm sitting around waiting for some big 6MB mother-lover to download, I'm expecting it to run for at least five minutes.

good thing LegendaryFrog isn't in it since he's totally overrated.

I guess so when you have Gerkinman here being a total LegendaryFrog wanna-be. I always get a kick out of how it's always the shittiest artist who ends up being the one who spearheads these goofy collab' movies.

Anyway, I guess this is the techniqually the best Doom animation on Newgrounds, though I'd still have to go with Damnation being my favourite.

TomD666 said:

good thing LegendaryFrog isn't in it since he's totally overrated.

Couldn't agree with ya more...

His older shit was funnier than his most recent stuff...

Some of the stuff in it' really cool. The sewer scene was my favorite. Too bad the Super Flash Bros. didn't make anything for it.

Very cool, I wish it were a bit longer. You have to know the plot to understand what's going on, still kick ass.

Nice variation between styles, really funny FPS-view sequence, other neat stuff (I especially liked the Cyberdemon sneaking up behind that marine). Thumbs up!

The "Tricks and Traps" scene brings back memories...except Doomguy didn't fight them properly. He should've just let the Barons murder the Cyber Demon (or let the Cyber Demon take the Barons down, with little to no health remaining), then mop 'em up.

But of course everyone knows that...