Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Name this song

A few years ago I heard this song that was about a guy who wondered if the girl he loved would recognize him if he lived on the street 50 years before. Does ANYONE know the possible name of this song? It had some piano and was almost like a country ballad.

And to keep it on topic, who else has had songs drive them ballistic searching for it

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like anything I know.

As for the question, I can't remember any particular instances of that happening. However, I've had the opposite thing happen to me a lot recently. That is, I have in my head a lot of old songs, mostly hit songs from well-known musicians and bands, that have just been logged away in my brain as childhood memories. Perhaps they were songs my parents had or just got played to death on the radio back in those days, but recently I've been going on recommendations and checking out a lot of older albums. For each one, I'd actually hit one of those old songs and be very surprised. It's like a piece of a puzzle that finally found its place.

For a missing song, though... heh, actually, for the megawad Dimensions of Time, the map31 music sounded very familiar but stayed just out of my ability to identify it. I had to ask here to get the answer (it ended up being Take Me Home by Phil Collins).

There was one song I liked at the age of 8 or something and I considered it my favorite. After I forgot what it was I still didn't want to say anything else was my favorite because I didn't remember what this old song sounded like. I didn't have a way to find it until last year, when I found out via Google and some snippets of lyrics I remembered.

By that point I didn't remember anything about the song except those snippets I'd commited to memory in hopes of someday finding the song. It turned out to be "The Sound Of Your Voice" by 38 Special, and it's easily one of worst songs I've ever heard.

That happened to me once with a Crash Test Dummies song that I heard in 6th grade and it all of a sudden came into my head like last year and I went nuts trying to figure out what it was.

Ralphis said:

And to keep it on topic, who else has had songs drive them ballistic searching for it

The theme for Dogtanian and the Muskahounds - I found it, but it sooo wasn't worth it.

And Minnie the Moocher and I know Him So Well, because there are so many versions out there and I only want one.

There's a dance remix to the theme of tomb raider. Had it via napster once, now it's gone forever. Was kind of an easy listening tune with a clubby track to it, kinda zony, if ya know what I mean.

Most times, I get tunes stuck in my head, not actual lyrics. Lyrics would certainly help me find out just what the heck is playing over and over in my head.

Back in 2000 I used to occasionally hear this industrial or whatever song at a club but couldnt understand any of the words. Over the years I would occasionally go on downloading sprees in hopes of running across that song, but never had any luck. I'd even describe it to people occasionally but no one ever had any idea what I was talking about.

Then last year Liam recommended an album to me and it happened to have that song on it. I nearly had a heart attack. For the curious, it was a Wumpscut track caled War.

I've had that happen to me before. There's a certain elation to having it porven that you're not, in fact, crazy.

I've been looking for the music from the Dreamcast version of Bangai-O for a long ass time, and they remain the most elusive songs on my list. Damn those weird disc formats.

Edit - Oh, you meant songs that you didn't know the origin. In that case, there was a song that popped into my head one day, one of those childhood memories of video game music. I tried to figure it out for a long time, and eventually I came across the midi on vgmusic. It turned out to be level 2 of Gradius 2, which was cool in itself, but then I heard the Mr. T version (no, not that Mr T) titled "Burning Heat" like a year later on DDR Max2 and I was blown away.

Amaster said:
Back in 2000 I used to occasionally hear this industrial or whatever song at a club but couldnt understand any of the words. Over the years I would occasionally go on downloading sprees in hopes of running across that song, but never had any luck. I'd even describe it to people occasionally but no one ever had any idea what I was talking about.

That happened to me with a song where the "lyrics" were grunts and animal like screams or noises (but done vocally, not samples.) Not that it was industrial; I can't even recall if it was metal or something more hardcore-like.

And then also I had this thrash or power metal song on a tape I lost which had humming guitars and the lyrics were apparently about planes attacking like birds of prey, or something like that.

During one Jackass bit (They were riding a tandem with no brakes whilst wearing bunny costumes) They had a song playing in the background. A sort of punk song where two guys were singing about "Lights out".

Anyone know what song that was?