Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dittohead

More Than a Simple Release

AgentSpork has announced on his website that his forthcoming megawad, Simplicity, is finished and ready for download. The mapset features 22 new maps to blast through. For those of you not "in the know", here's a brief description of the contents taken from the about page:

[...] All of the maps in this megawad still focus on simple, fun gameplay, in the normal Doom style, while still making use of the ZDoom engine’s features.

For more information, hit up the Simplicity website.

Mikko_Sandt said:

I get: "Script error: 'MAPINFO' line 5: bad syntax"

What version of ZDoom are you using? It requires at least version 2.0.96, but I would recommend using 2.0.97 when playing it. You can find it HERE.

zDoom only, /me forgets

Well then why bother making a comment at all? Just to be rude or something?

AgentSpork said:

I would recommend using 2.0.97 when playing it.

I wouldn't. There is a known crash for 2.0.97 in hubs and savegames (The latter being more relevent in this case).

*cough*Played it. Loved it. Great stuff. *cough*

Next time, use a bit of Nmn corp. for balance ;)

Glad to see this released. So far I'm only on map 05, and I think I've played all these before anwyay :oP

I was wondering how well the individual maps would flow when played as a megawad, so far it's going great.

I'd also say stay away from Zdoom 2.0.97. Apart from the savegame issues, I've also found it screw up when (not) picking up armour.

The Flange Peddler said:

I've also found it screw up when (not) picking up armour.

Yes, that one's there, too. IMO 2.0.97 should be removed from the downloads page as quickly as possible. Right now the best version is still 2.0.96x.

rather disapointed that you didnt completly finish it like you were going to

but id have to say wad of the year aswell :) hope to see more like this spork

AgentSpork said:

What version of ZDoom are you using? It requires at least version 2.0.96, but I would recommend using 2.0.97 when playing it.

Works now. Thanks.

VinceDSS said:

zDoom only, /me forgets

can't download zdoom? lazy bums.

this wad is awesome. awesome... yes. awesome.

AgentSpork said:

What version of ZDoom are you using? It requires at least version 2.0.96, but I would recommend using 2.0.97 when playing it. You can find it HERE.

Well then why bother making a comment at all? Just to be rude or something?

I get a weird crash in Map 7 - after I run into the corridor with the mancubi, right after the soulsphere. (That's using 2.0.97.) Oh well, I'll try again with another ZDoom version tomorrow. :)

So far, though, it looks and plays great. ^_^

I just downloaded zdoom and I can't figure out how to run a wad with it. I tried right clicking and using open with but I get an error. It is - CONCHARS not found.

Thanks, the wad looks awesome so far..

WOW OMFG I almost shit my pants when those imps faded in!

A few bugs I noticed, in case you want to fix them for a later rerelease (all observed in ZDoom 2.0.97)...

1. ZDoom complains that both sky textures need to be the same height (I take it that means they aren't).
2. At the end screen of the either episode (and also after the final bonus level), ZDoom complains that the "D_KEKE" music is not found.
3. The vertical alignment on the front sidedef of linedef 2636 in map 16 is wrong (it's off by 64, so the upper and lower half of the door are basically switched).
4. In the blue skull room in map 19, pressing any of East, West and North switches *immediately* gives you a bad combination, even though you only pressed one switch. It seems to be impossible to get the blue key, short of giving it to yourself on the console.
5. The text at the end of the second episode and after the bonus level is too wide for the screen, so part of it can't be read (in 1280x1024).

I think there is a bug in level 3 of the first episode or it could be I am just doing something wrong. I got to the part with the bridge I need to raise and I hit both switches and tried everything I could possibly think of to raise the bridge but nothing works. Did I hit the switches in the wrong order?

doom3 said:

I think there is a bug in level 3 of the first episode or it could be I am just doing something wrong. I got to the part with the bridge I need to raise and I hit both switches and tried everything I could possibly think of to raise the bridge but nothing works. Did I hit the switches in the wrong order?

Shoot the switches that appear on the far side.