Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikanoru

SNES Doom in Doom?

I've heard someone mention a project that tried to recreate the SNES Doom differences in a regular old Doom wad, but I've searched the idgames archive and I can't seem to come up with anything. Any info?

Similarly, are there wads that attempt to recreate any other console versions (besides Doom64)?

Job was in charge, but he hasn't said much about it lately. I and Darkhaven did most of the stuff and AFADoomer did some scripting stuff like making the SNES HUD. I haven't seen this project in a while...most of the stuff I was able to do I've done already, so I'm basically done.

im still doing work on it. I havnt posted anything about it in a while, because ive been reformatting my hard drive and backing stuff up. I do plan to do as much as i can with it. it's not far off from being done id say, at least as much as can be done.

geocities.com/shaneamp/snes_doom.zip The MOD

geocities.com/shaneamp/maps.zip Redone maps

that version is almost 10 months old now! i have lots of new dehacked work done, and started work on a doom 2 version of it also. I may not post a new release until i think it done.

what was the fps on the original snes doom? and did you also realize how the music skips sometimes? ya cant blame such a primitive system trying to produce music with only a cartrige(cartriges can barely hold any audio data, and audio takes up a shitload of space), thats why the sounds and everthing is so degraded, imagine if there was no music, it wouldnt be doomish i know, but if it was originally like that, i can just imagine, all that extra room for textures and flats and all, more quality, itd be so... different.

EDIT:
ps - the links dont work in the above post...

ruffj05 said:

ps - the links dont work in the above post...

That because one or two people already downloaded it. Sorry, but you'll have to wait til tomorrow! Remember to get up bright and early so you can be first in line to download before it goes down again!

heh, if anyone would want to upload this to a more reliable server, then that would be great. Maybe WIP would be a good idea, i never used it before though.

note that its about 6:50 am (i gotta get up early for school), the links are still not functioning. i really would reccommend not to use geocities, since ive never got a link to there that wasnt broken.