Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kenny McCormick

Dante's Inferno

Ok. we all know (or should know) that E3 drew a lot from Dante's Inferno, ref. the level names for example, like Dis, however, I feel that more could have been done, and so I am announcing, if for nothing more than copyright properties, heh, that I'm gonna work on a PWAD (Doom II, because it'll be bigger than 9 maps) of Dante's Inferno. All nine circles, plus the Gate of Hell and the Dark Woods. More to come as it develops. Also if anyone else would like to get in on this project too, the more the merrier. The more people, the greater we can make this thing.

Edit: The main source I will be drawing upon is found here: http://danteworlds.laits.utexas.edu/utopia/index2.html

This sounds like a great idea, but it's quite a big undertaking. It might be better as a community project.

This certainly does sound interesting and ambitious, and your choice of theme should mean the project remains coherent. I'll just mention that Deus Vult described itself thus:

Deus Vult starts you off in an underground tech base and will eventually plunge you into the depths of Dante's Inferno in front of your eyes.

So you might want to take a look at that both for inspiration and to avoid duplicating ideas.

You can easily make Circle 8 10 Maps, since it's got 10 "sub-circles". I suggest actually reading the poem before making the maps, so you can base them on it more accurately.