Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KwadDamyj

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Technician said:

I watched the short series some years ago. I will see this when it hits tv.

Same for me, I have all three shorts on video. May go catch the movie, though probably will wait until it comes out on DVD. Speaking of DVD releases, Ep III comes out on Tuesday!

This was the best movie I've seen all year, and I haven't seen DOOM yet (kidding, kidding!).

Additionally, I've always been a fan of animation. Cell, clay, CGI, you name it, I likely enjoy it.

I remember catching them a few times when my local PBS station went nuts with the British-comedy programming. There's nothing quite like watching Rowan Atkinson putz around with the Nativity Scene.

Since when did Daleks exist in Biblical times? :-P

Guardian said:

Since when did Daleks exist in Biblical times? :-P

When Dr. Who decided they did?

Anyway, I went to see this movie with a friend and his little sister, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It had great animation, it was funny and it even had a little of the "*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* say no more" in it for the adults in the audience. Definitely worth what I payed to see it. Wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD again, either.

I quite liked Wallace & Gromit. It was a lot better than the other movie I saw the same week: "Shark Boy and Lava Girl 3D". Oh the humanity! The things you do when you have kids.

It would have been the best movie I watched all year if it weren't for the fact that I watched Serentiy 10 minutes before it. :P

Okay, there's ten.

Snarboo said:

It had great animation, it was funny and it even had a little of the "*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* say no more" in it for the adults in the audience.

Enjay said:

The things you do when you have kids.

I believe we have Shrek to thank for that. ;)

Hey, wasn't Wallace and Gromit licensed by Dreamworks?

Guardian said:

I believe we have Shrek to thank for that. ;)

Hey, wasn't Wallace and Gromit licensed by Dreamworks?

You are correct. (Thus the Madagascar penguins.)

Speaking of Madagascar, that was a pretty decent film, too. I actually saw it with my mom and her mother (my grandmother) when I was visiting relatives over the summer. They both enjoyed it. Now my grandmother always says "Smile and Wave!"

KwadDamyj said:

You are correct. (Thus the Madagascar penguins.)

Oh, God, duh Carole.

The weapons penguin could benefit from some DOOM looks like; too bad he doesn't have fingers. :(

The Wallace and Gromit movies are made by Aardman Animations in my hometown of Bristol here in the UK, where a fire destroyed almost all of their props earlier this month. Very sad.

pritch said:

The Wallace and Gromit movies are made by Aardman Animations in my hometown of Bristol here in the UK, where a fire destroyed almost all of their props earlier this month. Very sad.

Yeah, I heard about that. Didn't it happen right as the Curse of the Were-Rabbit premiered in the US at #1? I thought that was rather ironic, but they seemed to have a good attitude about the incident.

I don't think we will see any more from this series even if all the props burned. It had its charm like so many other brit claymations like Rex the runt or that other one I can't think of.