Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

questions. dc vs ps2

i want to know why you think the ps2 is better than cd, or visa versa. i know that bleemcast is cming out with a ps2 emu for dreamcast, but it is clear the ps2 has more power ( i dont know what the hell i am saying ).

I don't even like consoles, but I'll pick DC.

And you know what? I won't even explain why...I'll just wait for deadnail's comment that will be way more accurate than mine. ^_^

64 isn't capable of the game that DC and PS2 can run. I bought it stricly as an action console, and I didn't expect it to go beyond that, so I knew what I was dealing with when I bought it. But, I also loved the action games on that system, because they were just so awesome...Name another system that has Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, or Mario 64, emulators EXCLUDED.

Who can forget the infamous Eva game for the 64 ($90 + the cost of a converter). The N64 was a decent system. I still remember how blown away I was when it first came out. It also had some good games for it, though it had more bad games than good.

PS2 v DC? I would have to say PS2. It plays games for the original PS (which is essentially every consol gamers dream), and it has the support of companies like Square, Konami, and Capcom. True, that's all based on personal opinion... but then again, so is every console gaming debate.

I still think that all systems must bow before the NES. Go you 8-bit marvel, go!.

I still remember how blown away I was when it first came out.

Heh, I remember how ridiculous the whole thing seemed.

I still remember how blown away I was when it first came out.

Heh, I remember how ridiculous the whole thing seemed.

Take into consideration that my computer at the time was a Packard Bell with a Pentium 100. No graphics card... I didn't get one till '99 and it's the V550 that I still have to this day. I had been playing Doom and my 8-bit NES until the N64 came out. As you can imagine, the graphical jump for me was pretty big.

Oh well, out of all the systems, I woulda preferred that it was just SNES vs. Genesis, even though there wasn't any contest there because the Genesis wasn't a true 16 bit system. But both have games superior to the newer systems in both depth and play quality. N64's got too many buttons, playstations games are all a rehash of each other with better graphics, and DC is as good as dead. So there you have it.

The DC is way neater than the PS2. Look at www.dcemulation.com to see what people can do to their DCs.

And as for the 8-bit nes, all I have to say is that I've had one for ten years and I've never gotten bored with it. Of course, the reason I don't get bored with it is because I have 50+ games. :)

The best console ever is the Atari 2600! LONG LIVE PITFALL! I even have an Atari shirt.

Packard Bell with a Pentium 100. No graphics card...

V00t, j00 had a pentium with only 16 colors? Oh the humanity.. How could you live like that.

I'm the swede that is swedish

Ebola, your sig is funny. How come your fish is pissed off? Is it annoyed over lame threads like this? Hmm...my avatar is happy. I want a pissed off looking avatar too damnit.

PS2 v DC? I would have to say PS2. It plays games for the original PS (which is essentially every consol gamers dream)

Well, You sir aren't well informed. With the technology available for the Oh So great DC, you can play virtually ANYTHING You want. NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, And even ported computer games! And not to mention that the majority of DC games released are QUALITY, and they have the best mascot too.

Packard Bell with a Pentium 100. No graphics card...

V00t, j00 had a pentium with only 16 colors? Oh the humanity.. How could you live like that.

Why do you think I spent so much time on console gaming?

Well, You sir aren't well informed. With the technology available for the Oh So great DC, you can play virtually ANYTHING You want. NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, And even ported computer games!

You're right, it seems I haven't been weel informed. My question to you however is how many DC owners are? I could be wrong (maybe more people know than I realize), but what use is a system for playing all of these types of games if people don't know how to make it do so? I will admit, though, if you know how to make it do all these things it is a superior system to the PS2.

i want to know why you think the ps2 is better than cd, or visa versa. i know that bleemcast is cming out with a ps2 emu for dreamcast, but it is clear the ps2 has more power ( i dont know what the hell i am saying ).

The PS2 has a much more powerful processor and a gpu over the Dreamcast, however, the Dreamcast has more video memory to play with. Bleemcast are single emulators, each Bleemcast disc will emulate a single PS game, and each Bleemcast disc will run you five bucks.

A total fucking rip off if you've ever played Bleem on PC. You'd have better luck emulating a Playstation accurately with a duck and fifteen yards of fiberglass insulation.

There is no way in hell a Dreamcast could ever emulate a PS2 because PS2 games are on DVD and the Dreamcast can't read 'em.

Name another system that has Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, or Mario 64, emulators EXCLUDED.

I guess any system lucky enough to have avoided such horrible games. Gimme Turok 2 and Duke Zero Hour any day though.

Well, You sir aren't well informed. With the technology available for the Oh So great DC, you can play virtually ANYTHING You want. NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, And even ported computer games! And not to mention that the majority of DC games released are QUALITY, and they have the best mascot too.

Last time I tried the Gameboy emu for DC, Boob, it wasn't even getting half of the framerate it was supposed to. Why would I waste burning a CD for that shit when I could just emulate the Gameboy on my PC (which is a necessary component in the factor anyway since Boob is an Internet project) with a better framerate and a controller that won't make my brain cramp?

The majority of ALL console games released are pure shit, matter of fact, the majority of ALL games released are pure shit. Nowadays you have to stride dickdeep through boxes filled with vomit to find one with candy in it. That's a lot of looking.

Best mascot? Fuck that. Tails is the coolest and most loveable videogame character of all time and he is a Goddamn sidekick. There is no justice in the universe.

The Dreamcast isn't a superior system to the PS2, not by a longshot. It has two or three serious advantages when it comes to graphics. When you take into account the fact that the system is no longer having new content being made for it, there is no official Sega support for it anymore (there are already Sega made PS2 games out there) and the controller is even worse than the N64 controller... well, it just loses.

Which is a shame because the PS2 has some serious Goddamn flaws, not the least of which is the incredible amount of simply horrible fucking games. =(

Hmm...my avatar is happy. I want a pissed off looking avatar too damnit.

Hell, I think that clown face looks just downright evil...

Really? I think it is a little homoerotic.

Hmm...my avatar is happy. I want a pissed off looking avatar too damnit.

ph33r it. YOU PH33R IT!

The dreamcast hardware is actually more powerful than the PS2's, due to it's greater efficiency. I'm at work so I don't have time to explain, e-mail me if you're interested.

Tails is the coolest and most loveable videogame character of all time

I actually think Knuckles was the best out of the 3 (Sonic, Tails, Knux). I mean, he glided, climbed, punched sonic in the face, and laughed afterwords. He was 1337.

But how in the bloody hell is tails the coolest? In the DC versions he sounds like a 3 year old girl and his model looks like a _gay_ fox. Gimme Shadow and I'll outplay all the other characters.

those sonic games where fun, sega made one last sonic game for the genisise system right after n64 came out, sonic 3d i think. never tried any of the newer ones and my sega, and 32 with doom are on the bottom of the staris in a box

those sonic games where fun, sega made one last sonic game for the genisise system right after n64 came out, sonic 3d i think. never tried any of the newer ones and my sega, and 32 with doom are on the bottom of the staris in a box

Sonic is pretty fun but I like action games.