Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

3d models in Doom 64 - how?

Topic title says it all - how do I get 3d models in "Doom 64"?? Is there another file that I have to download or something??

Oh, OK. I thought you could because it still has the 3D models option in the control panel, but I suppose that's a Doomsday standard, then.

It would be cool though :-)

I don't mean to derail the topic, but I downloaded the Doom 64 Absolution TC recently, and I can't for the life of me get it to work. Double clicking the Absolution.exe doesn't work, and using the OpenGL.bat just makes my resolution 640x480 while Absolution crashes and asks me if I want to send an error report. Any help with this (or with that weapon mod I started a topic about) would be appreciated.

I think Graf Zahl's working on putting models into GZdoom. No idea when we'll see it, though.

kc32 said:

I think Graf Zahl's working on putting models into GZdoom. No idea when we'll see it, though.

Even he doesn't seem to know. The certain thing... wait, make that two certain things are:

1.It's not going to happen soon.
2.We all would dearly like it to happen.

ellmo said:

We all would dearly like it to happen.

Define, WE. Personally I don't give a shit. Only time I've used 3d models was when I tried some TC for Doomsday. Alien dimension something.

the tc doesn't support models. Why would anyone want ugly models in a 2d-1/2 game engine anyways?

Kaiser said:

the tc doesn't support models. Why would anyone want ugly models in a 2d-1/2 game engine anyways?

I love models.

Greetings.

Couple years ago I wanted to make a Doom64 models pack, due that the sprites for Doom64 ARE rendered models. That is, I wouldn't be putting 10000 poly stuff in the engine ofcourse :P But I believe with proper skinning it would come out nice.
But the idea died due to my lack of abilities :/

Come to think of it.. it's a good idea for November evenings, now that I got skills.

i dont particularly like the models in doom either, but it would be a nice option. Some hi-rez sprites would be much better though.

ShaneAmp said:

i dont particularly like the models in doom either, but it would be a nice option. Some hi-rez sprites would be much better though.

Umm.. The Doom 64 TC already uses high resolution sprites.

Cant you just upload the wad via the jdoom launcher? I tired this and it worked althogh all of the weapon sprites and monster sprites were from the jdoom resource pack, but it was ok to play in 3d.

because the tc has its own executable that launches just by clicking on it without the need for a launcher.

I knew that. Kickstart was able to run the wad until the third level where some of the textures or sprites became corrupted and then I had to reinstall doom 64 all over all though the process was easy.
EDIT:
Wait, you are the one who created the Outcast levels so you probably know more then I do. BTW, great work on the outcast levels those were so much fun to play.

He's also the one that created (for the most part) the Doom 64 TC, so I imagine he'd know A LOT about it. :P

higher than the original, but i mean hi-rez as in what could have been made from those models for DOOM64. Something that would look right with the hi-rez textures.

BTW, I wanted to know if it possible to create a doom wad using the textures that are used in the doom64 tc. I use doombuilder and you can upload the textures and sprites view the configuration screen. Would this work even if you use zdoom doom in hexen format?