Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
covaro

Doom Style FPS Video Circa 1996

Well, since it seems that the news@dw.com addie doesn't work anymore, since they didn't bother posting this to the front page... I figured I'd offer up my "original" Doom Cam sequence from my 1996 10th Grade World History Project. It's campy, and we had a budget of $0, and the quality is horrid (damn tapes degrade), but it's kinda funny. Especially with the cheap gun sound fx we used. But hey, I beat the Doom movie to it by like 9.5 years! Anyway, for those who are interested, go download it...
http://www.notmyblog.com/2005/10/28/the-original-fps-movie-sequence/

-Cov

Dude, what's with the gun sounds, and why do they still sound when you're not firing!!! And the music sucks!!! funny clip though

Again see:
* Campy
* $0 Budget
* Crappy Sound FX

=D

And I wasn't the camera guy on that scene. Friend of mine. Besides it was supposed to be a battle. Also, that is just a small snippet of a much larger scene from the movie... so the music fits in better at the beginning of the scene.

-Cov

Nick Perrin said:

That's because it's news@doomworld.com.

Um DUH... I've been using DW instead of Doomworld since we started this site as an abbreviation. What I meant was those ingrates were ignoring me. After everything I did for this site back in the day... you would think I deserve a little mention after coming out of hiding after 3+ years.

-Cov