Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

something neat

well i have never tried playing quake1 ona older 486 based system. so i decided to try it on the fresh one i just made. surpriseingly it worked really well, i mean it was just a bit laggy but it ran smooth, far smoother than i originaly thought. Plus here ar ethe specks, cyrix486DX2/66mhz(overclocked to 80mhz) basic SVGA VESA BUS card, and 16 mb of RAM. the minimum is like a 100mhz 486, but it runs smooth on the overclocked 66. mayby it is the difference of the chips, but i dout that. I also remeber trying to run tombraider 1 on a 486 system, 88mhz, it ran like a bitch. No FMV, and animation was at about 2-6 frames/sec. that is what i thought quake would do but i was wrong

well no, many decint computers had a pentium(60mhz they started at) so the game was made for pentium. in the txt file it says that a 486 is no recommended for use and that animation will be horribly slow. in 1997 i remeber a dell add for computers with 400mhz, right after my dad got his super killer game PC at 133mhz,32 ram

i put quake on an old one at my inlaws house over the christmas holiday last year, it yeilded good results. it made a good holiday ditraction.