Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lordmajax

Doom II Gotcha

I'm really confused. I have 101% kills, 97% Items, and 85% secrets. I know there is a monster that looks to be hiding behind a wall in the dark room where the secret teleporter is. I can here him, I just can't get to him. I have done everything on the secrets list and I still can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I find that happens a lot. Sometimes I find it so annoying that I just clip through the wall, blast the Lost Soul trapped within, then clip out to where I was before.

The 101% Kills is most likely from an Arch-Vile respawning something.

All the secrets on this map are reachable. The quickest Max demo is here - this features everything being killed and all secrets being triggered.

If you watch the demo in Prboom or Eternity using the Boom-style HUD, you will see when each secret is triggered.

I tried it and I did finally kill that monster hiding in the wall. However, it didn't change my score. I tried accessing the demo the was linked above and was unable to accss the page. I figure with 97% items and 85% secrets, its only one spot but I've been just about everywhere. I know wverything's dead now. Is there any code that could list specifically items...I use iddt but that list everything and I can't differentiate.

All the secrets are highlighted in red on that map. Keep in mind that the secret in the northwest part of the map has 3 sectors tagged as secret, each one must be accessed and stepped in to count for 3 secrets there.

The map has 7 sectors tagged as secret in total.

Like you said, you have found all but one.

Well, I used idclip to get the little thing stuck in the wall. That didn't affect my kill score. I save so oddly that I must've thought I had gotten the radiation suit in the beginning of the game. There was also something else with it...a ammo pack for #6 gun. That was what I was missing.

lordmajax said:

Could someone tell me the code for walking through walls?

Heh. I thought everybody knew the cheats for this game.

Speaking of those, where did IDDQD come from anyway, and what does it "mean"? Stuff like IDCLIP is really obvious (what about IDSPISPOPD), but IDDQD is bizzare.

I read something the other day about IDSPISPOD.

http://www.anoca.org/faq/game/idspispopd.html

It seems a newsgroup was angry at id over all the posts on "Where can I download Doom" and whatnot, so they said next time, make it an incredibly long and complicated name, such as Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris, or....SPISPOD. And of course id ran with that as an in-joke with the code.

IDDQD, hmmm...I'm wanting to say I read something about that too, but I can't remember what nor where.

Grazza said:

Well that answers my question about IDDQD.

Dave Taylor said:

"dqd" stands for Delta-Q-Delta, an informal fraternity that two other hackers and I made up. The requirements were getting a "Q" in your class (stands for "Quit"- like failing but it doesn't go on your GPA). We impressed our friends with programming feats but weren't exactly scholastic roles - so far only one of us has graduated.