Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Where Did Your Title Come From?

My title on the Zdoom Boards (since i can't change it here) is "Zeeky Boogy Doog!"

Anybody who can guess what that's from gets a cookie. Hint: SEVERE BRAIN DAMAGE

Gah, I've been here like four or five years, and I still don't have a custom title. Not that I care, at any rate... I mean, I just kinda sit here lurking in the shadows anyway.

I got mine in some contest. Or maybe it was some giveaway thing. I don't really remember.

Anyways, my title is a quote close to what Otacon says in MGS1.

geekmarine said:

Gah, I've been here like four or five years, and I still don't have a custom title. Not that I care, at any rate... I mean, I just kinda sit here lurking in the shadows anyway.

ditto

I'd like a custom avatar, been trying at one for a while, but I suppose that I'm so devoid of personality that I couldn't possibly get one, it'd probably have to do with impse or something anyway...maybe baronse...

"My life for Auir!"

kc32 said:

My title on the Zdoom Boards (since i can't change it here) is "Zeeky Boogy Doog!"

Anybody who can guess what that's from gets a cookie. Hint: SEVERE BRAIN DAMAGE

Brian Kendall's The Demented Cartoon Movie.

Greese Magnet.

never thought about the custom title thing before. I have a bunch of things I would like to put there under my av, but I never bothered asking any of the higher ups for 'em. I don't mind not having one either, but I wouldn't mind if I got one either. heh.

1.) I'm a fan of Star Wars and Darth Vader is one of my favourite fictional characters of all time.

^That point is quite simple to explain and obvious.
But the following points aren't that simple.

2.) For some weird reason, my favourite number has always been 8. Whenever other superstituous people said that the number 7 is the only official lucky number and that the number 8 is not lucky at all, it made me feel REAL ANGRY.
Don't ask why, it just did. besides, the number 7 looks so dull and so damn ugly, so :p :p :p

3.) For some weird reason, I've always prefered either 3-digit numberical expressions or 2-digit numberical expressions over 1-digit numerical expressions.
Again don't ask me why, because I don't even think I know. Basically, anything that contains more than 1 digit in it looks more important and more attention-grabbing than something which only has 1 digit in it.

4.) I just don't like it when something gets repeated more than once without ever being slightly altered or modified. If you keep saying the exact same thing over and over again it gets boring and annoying, right? That's why instead of typing 888 in my name, I typed 188. The 8 only got repeated once, therefore it's perfection.

And that's my story.

THE END.

My current title is the default for my usergroup which is, surprise surprise, Super Moderators.

In the distant past though I've been in trouble here. Back in 2001 I had the title 'On probation' and following that for some of 2002, more famously, 'DOLT' and then later, as a tribute to Danarchy, 'The origional DOLTist'

MacWadMaker said:

at my current rate of posts, I'll be dead.

That's just based on the belief that nobody will ever get there. If somebody did, we'd probably raise it to 999,999 ^____^

On the other hand, you could try to stay registered for 99,999 days and see how well that works. There's equal paths for the dedicated and the lazy to get their titles.

Lüt said:

That's just based on the belief that nobody will ever get there. If somebody did, we'd probably raise it to 999,999 ^____^

Ouch... I will have to hand down my user profile to my kids, kids, kids... If or when I have kids that is.
Current Rate...
0.60 postperday = 219 postperyear
99,999 = about 456 years at rate
999,999 = about 4566 years at rate

MacWadMaker said:

99,999 = about 456 years at rate
999,999 = about 4566 years at rate

Don't worry, we have a billion years until the ever-getting-hotter Sun boils the oceans on Earth.

I have to create a better character for my self so I may benifit from this board. Ah the power of a custom title and avatar. (*Think I came)

Mine is actually a custom title, but it is the same as what my default title would be.

Edit: Happy now, Kristian?

Comiclez said:

I'd like a custom avatar,

who needs a custom av when you've got an excellent firebrand avatar, like I do?

anyhow, my title came from my avatar too.

I, and several others at the same time, got this title after making a harsh comment on a newcomer's Doom project, because we thought it was kinda...stupid, basically.

That was about a year ago, give or take a couple months. Everyone else Ling deemed an asshole that day have had their titles changed to something else...soo, if anyone in power is listening, could I just have my title reset, too? Nothing custom, just the default. Sorry for all the trouble. :(

Thanks.

Grazza said:
Mine is actually a custom title, but it is the same as what my default title would be.

I like your titles with obscure Monty Python references better. :-)

(Like the one you had written in Volapük)

gargoylol said:

I thought it was more from your gratuitous crotch-modeling.

gargoylol said:

who needs a custom av when you've got an excellent firebrand avatar, like I do?

Avatars are all fine and good, and I'm content with mine (since I'm the only one who uses it), but a custom title would be nice, a few predictions popped into my head:

"Baronse, bitch."
"I can take Impse to the next level"
or the aformentioned "My Life for Aiur" (Huzaah! Now Aiur is correctly spelled!)

I made a rant about people having custom titles with less posts (sensible posts, that is) than me... and my title was changed some day.

Thanks god the admin who changed it didn't write something really gay; cuz I couldn't be mad about it then - as he would have reasons.

So, an advice: Your title's not worth getting in admin's way.

EDIT: @Comiclez's "My Life for Aiur"... Toss are sucky-sucky. Ran owns!

ellmo said:

EDIT: @Comiclez's "My Life for Aiur"... Toss are sucky-sucky. Ran owns!

Sorry, I dont speak Ellmo