Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

2sectors demo-pack and demos [-complevel 2]

Max times from me:
map06 - 2:59 (crap, 1st exit waits for improvement)
map13 - 0:31 (good one)
map15 - 0:40 (good one)
map16 - 0:35 (Kristian already did better, I wasted SG shot there, that's it:))

Ehhhh :)))) Seems thats true ... surely. (improved easily to 35, 34 will go later..)
EDIT: Made 34sec, another route surprise from you, Kristian? :)

Tyson is tedious and boring for that map. :-P

But max is fun, so I improved the map 15 max run to 0:33. It could be improved with a little more work, but I won't go for it. Good luck with 0:32 (or lower), Gusta!

Woo great time Kristian! It's yours for now, I am sorry I will not go for :32 as I haven't been able to do :33. Maybe later... Oh well tyson run wouldn't be a problem here.
Btw. Yesterday I tried map02 and did a first exit (after two tries) in 2:22. But only funny thing on that is a file name - 2s02-222 :)It's not really a fun map foor good maxkill.

I did a map05 UV -fast in 1:02. First exit. I'm not doing this level again on UV -fast I assure you. This was hell to get as is (200+ attempts!) >_<.

Sending to Ops now.

Opulent said:

Anima:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/2s05f102.zip

and I hope you take just as many tries getting a girl pregnant. :P

Very funny :). That made my day ^_^.

That being said, did another UV -fast. This one for map17 with a time of :32. A :30 or :31, maybe less, should go on this level. I just couldn't get that after 155 attempts, so I'll just send my :32 run to Ops.

Very cool your fast runs Anima. Btw Are you up to complete all 17 levels in -fast? It seems that we could do all speeds, maxers, fasts and as many as possible tyson runs and release the whole big pack :)What do you think Anima? Grazza? Kristian?

Gusta said:

It seems that we could do all speeds, maxers, fasts and as many as possible tyson runs and release the whole big pack :)What do you think Anima? Grazza? Kristian?

Why not - we seem to be moving towards that goal. Pacifist is another category where we already have quite a few and could add more. Presumably a few NMs could be done too.

Here's another gap in the Max table filled:
map10 UV Max in 0:50. I imagine Tyson won't be much fun on this map.

...and some new times from me:
map02 max - 1:49
map04 max - 1:23
map12 tyson - 1:39
map15 tyson - 2:08
Sending them to Grazza.

Gusta said:

Very cool your fast runs Anima. Btw Are you up to complete all 17 levels in -fast?

Well, why not :)? I did 4 more UV -fast runs this morning.

Levels and Times:

Map02- 2:10 (Not bad. Little bad aiming early on though)
Map06- 3:13 (Tough UV -fast map. Not as tough as map05 UV -fast)
Map07- 0:53 (I don't like fighting in dark corridors :P)
Map10- 0:56 (Yes, it was possible to get a UV -fast on this map ^_^)

Packaged them all up in one zipfile called 2sflmps2 and going to send it to Ops now.

If we're looking to fill these tables, I guess we need some tablefillers...

map10 UV Tyson in 4:31. Yes, I saw its leg off. Probably not worth watching.

I am adding two more possible tyson runs:
map01 in 1:07
map16 in 2:25
Map 01 was easy and fun, map 16 was hard and horrible :-)

Busy day, heh. :)

Gusta:
2s01t107
2s16t225

I also did another one. Initially I was just looking to demonstrate a route improvement, but in the end put in some effort to make it a decent demo:
map04 UV Max in 1:10.

Pardon me for being off-topic and a n00b, but may I ask what the concept of 2sectors is when it seems like each level has notably more than 2 sectors?

KwadDamyj said:

Pardon me for being off-topic and a n00b, but may I ask what the concept of 2sectors is when it seems like each level has notably more than 2 sectors?

They don't have more than 2. It's just that there's no requirement that a sector has to consist of a single, connected piece. :)

EDIT: removed a duplicated "just".

Schneelocke said:

They don't have more than 2. It's just that there's just no requirement that a sector has to consist of a single, connected piece. :)

Ooooooh. Gotcha. =P

Just open it in a editor and you will see.. I hadn't believed too :)
Grazza: Thanks for nice route improvement on map04. I would never found it. I am anxious if I ever found the shortest route somewhere on a first try :) Btw. Already improved the time to 1:07, I'll se if something lower will come.

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me joining in. :) Since you're trying to fill the table, I did one that hasn't been submitted yet: MAP14 UV Speed in 0:18. First exit, and I get impatient with hitscanners quickly, so this can be improved by a couple seconds.

While I'm submitting that, I might as well include my MAP03 UV Speed in 0:11. I recorded this over a month ago. The problem is that, due to not including the complevel in the command line and stupidly not checking the .cfg, this demo is in complevel -1 instead of 1, and I had no luck whatsoever trying to re-do it (Best time = 0:15, but that was only after about a half hour, so I'm sure it can be done).