Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibaholic

age old question, which fast food restaurant?

Does Subway count? If not do Fish'n'chips count (Kingfisher). If not I'd say any Turkish burger place in England.

On second thought, I've felt like a Burger King for ages, so it's food must be tastier.

BlackFish said:

Fuck both, eat at Silver Spurs at NYC. 10 ounce burgers 4tw.

how about cozy's soup n' burgers, not too far from silver spurs, or how about pauls on 2nd ave. off st. marks place? they got some big burgers there to. I think pauls may be the cheapest of the three.

if it's not diner or homemade burgers, I prefer wendy's.

Fast food is disgusting. Burger King is the most palpatable I guess.

Subway is also very good, but there are better sub shops. Quiznos for instance, and also this awesome local store that's now sadly defunct.

We have a fast-food chinese resteraunt down in the city chain called Big Wong. Yes I'm serious.

To be fair, I don't think "fast food" and "restaurant" should be in the same sentence.

AndrewB said:

Subway, Tim Hortons are the two best (mainly because they actually serve NORMAL food that doesn't make your body go WTH).

I lost repect for Tim Hortons after they stopped making Donuts and other things fresh. You get them shipped freezed dryed from a factor up here in Toronto.

Ed said:

We have a fast-food chinese resteraunt down in the city chain called Big Wong.

That's awesome. Here in Virginia, there's a small chain of chain of burger joints called Five Guys. Odd name, (I suppose it was started by a group of five guys,) but totally awesome homemade bugers and fries. You should see the looks I get when I tell my co-workers that I'm going to go "have Five Guys for lunch."

If I don't feel like the drive, though, I usually opt for Burger King.

Getting hungry just thinking about it...

I cant spell u said:

I like burger king :).

Well what's your take on that creepy Burger King king? Like the one commercial where the dude wakes up to see the king sitting in his bed. If that was me, I'd put a clip from a 9mm in his face, lol.

Or the other one with the lumberjack, that's just creepy, the king stalking that lumberjack out in the woods...then looking all happy logrolling.

Not to mention the one with Vader and the king staring at each other as they're breathing:

VADER: CooooooHHHH!!! PAAAAAHHH!!!

KING: HHHHEEEEEE!!!! HOOOOOOOO!!!

Of course Hardee's has that one with the dude shaking the cow whilst "Shake That Thing" plays.

I would like to experience at least one week of America's comercials (at least thats where I think you are). How many do you guys have anyway, from the cutting of some shows it looks like you get 3 per 30 min episode.

Infact thats how many breaks there are on all of ABC1's shows.

Yea I'm in the good ol' US of A. And that sounds about right, 3 commercial for a 30 min. show. The one after the teaser/intro bit, the 15 min. break, and the wrapup break. Or many times that last one is there at the end after the show goes off.

zarkyb said:

To be fair, I don't think "fast food" and "restaurant" should be in the same sentence.

Hey, what about Pret a Manger? Doesn't have to be crap just because it's quick. Hmm, I'll add that to the poll.

This is a hard one.

I would be tempted to say BK but they annoyed me by not taking card for payments of £5 or less so I boycotted them.

I'll say Maccy D's. All their current healthy salads bullshit adverts are seriously annoying but I blame a lot of that on that fag Morgan Spurlock.

They have good fries too, so yeah, Maccy D's.

Except my local costco now does 18" really good pizzas for £6, so pwnt.

It's been a long time since I've eaten food not prepared by myself.

Though even if I were starving, I doubt I'd eat at any of those places.

Wendy's hands down. Classic triple, biggie fries with a coke to be exact. Their burgers always seem to be fresh off the grill, and I've never gotten sick from their food, unlike mcdonalds and burger king.

Mondo Pasta, where they serve great pasta fast-style.

Wendy's mushroom melt burger is awesome!

The BKs near Oxford (when I used to live there) made some of the best tasting burgers I've had in a while, though.

I prefer grilling my own burgers, like to load up the ground beef with cayenne pepper, garlic, and spices.

I can't remember the last time I ate McDonald's while being sober. I've said it a million times, but when your loaded it tastes like steak dinner. Stumble on in there after a night of merryment and munch out.

The Bacon Mushroom melt at wendy's is real good. For the occaision that I'm out and gotta eat, the BK double wopper will suffice. But the best place for fast food has to be Memphis Blues. It's not really a fast food chain, but you get your food real quick.

It's good southern BBQ, the kind that made Elvis a fat fuck.

Looks down the list and wonders how "age old" can a question about these places be?

Looks down the list again and realises that none of the ones I know serve anything that I would really class as food.

Looks down the list yet again and realises that none of the ones I know are even close to something I would class as a restaurant.

Nope, from the ones I know these places provide dull insipid hurriedly prepared, vile tasting offal that I'd feel a certain amount of guilt about if I fed it to pigs. Despite what the current McDonalds advertising campaign (read "Supersize me" damage limitation campaign) is trying to tell me, it's all still shit. What's more, I find it deeply offensive that when I purchase one of these things (something I have not done for some time and usually do under protest) the spotty, greasy creature behind the counter tells me to "enjoy my meal". It's not a fucking meal! It's a hurriedly prepared sandwich in a pale, uninspiring bun thrust at me in a cardboard box.

Give me a real restaurant or home prepared food any and everytime. This stuff - all of this stuff - tastes bad, isn't good for you and provides none of the additional ambience that I would expect from a place calling itself a restaurant. These places are disgusting "greasy spoon" cafes with an awful product. Nothing more. No wonder the world is becoming obese.

You know what NJ? You gotta leave your country more often. ^___^

But seriously, I'd like to know any others than McDonald's and KFC. Since only those are here when I live. I'd choose KFC if I really had to. Chicken meat has always been safe... until now.

I try to eat more fish recently. But that shit's expensive.

POTGIESSER said:

I prefer grilling my own burgers, like to load up the ground beef with cayenne pepper, garlic, and spices.

Hell yea, man. Nothing beats a homemade burger made on an open grill.

Enjay said:

No wonder the world is becoming obese.

I've always wondered how that works, I mean fast food is miniature in comparison to restuarant food. I mean there is no possible way that a MackyD's quarter pounder EVER weighed a quarter pound.

Fast food is hardly the cause of the increasing obesity rate, but is merely a factor that reflects a lifestyle of slack and over- convenience that certainly lead to skyrocketing statistics of people being overweight.