Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibaholic

age old question, which fast food restaurant?

Lizardcommando said:

Where's In N' Out Burger?!

Meh, Oh Well, I pick Wendy's then.

in N' out burger? Hell yeah! the best burgers in the cosmos.well, since that was'nt on there I put mexican food. when you live close to the border, you tend to eat a lot of it.

Well I prefer to make my own burgers, try to get them to shrink down to about a half pound after grilling, so slightly more than that before hand. Home grilled are almost always better than fast food. But since this is a fast food poll, I chose Wendys. Tasty food.

AndrewB said:

Subway

I'm afraid Quizno's is better. More expensive, somehow, but better.

NailGunner said:

Fast food is hardly the cause of the increasing obesity rate, but is merely a factor that reflects a lifestyle of slack and over- convenience that certainly lead to skyrocketing statistics of people being overweight.

It's also the fact that you're sitting on your lazy asses typing/reading/browsing this messageboard. GO OUTSIDE.</hypocrite>

Grazza said:

I feel I should remind people that Enjay is from Scotland, home of the Deep-fried Mars Bar.

He he OK, touché. In my defense, I can honestly say I've never had one and the thought makes me feel ill. I rarely eat chocolate, let alone deep fried chocolate. Especially as I have watched people eat them. Yup, Scotland - where we batter and deep fry anything - Mars bars, bananas, pies, pizzas. Yuk!

Classic picture of Scottish health. I was having a discussion with a kid at school. He was asking how much exercise I do. when I told him, he got all defensive because I do more than him and he came out with a classic quote that lets you know why we are probably the heart attack capital of the world.

"Well, every lunchtime, I need to get out of school to have a fag (cigarette) so I walk down to the chip shop and buy a bag of chips (fries)."

And he meant it! He seriously meant that a walk to the local chipper every lunchtime (which, to be fair, is a reasonable walk) to buy a bag of greasy chips and have a fag was reasonable exercise.

Enjay said:

Yup, Scotland - where we batter and deep fry anything - Mars bars, bananas, pies, pizzas. Yuk!

I didn't realize Scotland emulated the American South.

Enjay said:

And he meant it! He seriously meant that a walk to the local chipper every lunchtime (which, to be fair, is a reasonable walk) to buy a bag of greasy chips and have a fag was reasonable exercise.

Heh, reminds me of the woman who goes for power walks around my neighborhood, cigarette in hand.

Job said:

I'm afraid Quizno's is better. More expensive, somehow, but better.

Quiznos is great. But for me Subway is better becouse every thing taste fresher and I can see what Im getting. You dont have to worry about getting old meat or soggy vegetables. I have never had a bad meal at Subway.

Enjay said:

He he OK, touché. In my defense, I can honestly say I've never had one and the thought makes me feel ill. I rarely eat chocolate, let alone deep fried chocolate. Especially as I have watched people eat them. Yup, Scotland - where we batter and deep fry anything - Mars bars, bananas, pies, pizzas. Yuk!

My point in making this comment was that your view of fast-food outlets may be tainted by what is served up in the establishments that you are most familiar with. I don't believe it is impossible for a food outlet to offer speed, choice and quality, and have seen many examples of this in various parts of the world (including Britain!).

Rotting Corpse said:

Quiznos is great. But for me Subway is better becouse every thing taste fresher and I can see what Im getting. You dont have to worry about getting old meat or soggy vegetables. I have never had a bad meal at Subway.

In spite of being poisoned by them once, I'll take Quiznos over Subway. The BLT on brownbread is sex.

Grazza said:

My point in making this comment was that your view of fast-food outlets may be tainted by what is served up in the establishments that you are most familiar with.

Ah, OK, I see. Possibly. Around here we have all the usual junk MacyDees, BK various chain Pizza places (and of course chip shops) but very few (if any) of the ones that may possibly provide a better product. In saying that, I have travelled a bit and my experience tells me that McDonald's in Paris was no better than McDonald's in Aberdeen. Both served up a limp bun containing a sub-standard burger in a cardboard (or was it polystyrene?) box and the people behind the counter had the same disinterested expression on their faces. Only the size of the building and the accents of the people were different.

But sure, I've been served a meal very quickly and had it taste good, feel like a meal and got some cheery banter from the staff too. It wasn't at any of the establishments in the poll though. Don't know if it's quite in line with the type of places being asked about but, for example, I quite like Wagamamas. Still doesn't beat a proper sit-down meal though.

The best fast food places by far are the dollar a scoop chinese places. There in one in Devner by my old house that you can get enuf chinese food to last you a week for 3 dollars. The food is great also.