Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nems

Serious Sam II

Has anyone else here had a chance to play it? Mad fun, I must say. Pretty funny and hilarious at times, too.

No, I haven't. Haven't got my hands on quake 4 yet either. Financial situations are kinda tight right now, but I will have both games ASAP along with FEAR.

I would try the demo were it not for the only functioning terminal in our residence being my laptop at the moment. =^/

I'm downloading the demo now. I've heard good things about this game and want to try it.

Should I play the originals first? Or is the story just "kill everything?"

Just as an FYI, the original demo is complete ass. Download the one that came out after the game was released. If you can't tell which one you have, the original one only has the techno city and a Xbox and TV on the LAN menu while the newer one doesn't.

I agree, the second Serious Sam II demo was much more promising than the first. It was a more traditional SS level with fewer freedom restrictions to moan about and the menu fixes were included. I haven't played the full version yet, but it's on a list of about 4 FPS games that I'm interested in (FEAR, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2....)

I played a demo of SS2, I didn't really like it...my system can't handle it very well either.

Bashe said:

I played a demo of SS2, I didn't really like it...my system can't handle it very well either.

I hate to be an ass Bashe, but you have just stated that you run Doom3 on highest resolutions with high detail pretty darn well. So? How is it?

Bashe said:

That is pretty much the story of every Serious Sam game I have played. Tons of outlandish enemies assault you while you blast away with reckless abandon. Kill them, then it’s wash, rinse, and repeat. That’s about it.

The first Demo of Sam2 sucked. Too short, really. Supposedly the second one is better but i never played it, since I had the full game by then.

And I love it, its fun to play, although IMO not as fun as the first ones were. :( The vehicles are weird, and sometimes kinda klunky, but they're better than some other games' vehicles.

Bashe said:

The story isn't really much of a problem. However.

PLAY THE FIRST ONES.

You will enjoy them. :P

I didnt finish it yet, but I like it a lot.

They have been very creative with this episode... and I really liked the new stuff (vehicles, weapons, lots of monsters, new map themes).

The only downside compared to the old eps is that it gets a bit confusing sometimes.

ellmo said:

I hate to be an ass Bashe, but you have just stated that you run Doom3 on highest resolutions with high detail pretty darn well. So? How is it?

I said nothing of the sort. I originally said:

I only have 512MB of ram and I can run medium quality at max resolution fairly well with my GeForce4.

Medium, not high. High is vomit on my PC