Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetflock

The Ultimate DooM ForeveR released

Csonicgo said:

what do you mean, "manage"? Do half of you make this crashing shit up? or do your computers suck?

yeah, we all decided to make random fake stories that legacy crashes, EVERYONE did! .....damn guys, he figured it out :(

if you really want to get a port running, you will get it running. since legacy doesn't have the "most popular" features, people who have some trouble with it will not bother to get it running. simple as that.
I really don't care for the popular/modern shit....
i hate most scripting, i don't care for newer games.I am not a gamer, nor will i ever be, so legacy is perfect for me.

jetflock said:

if you really want to get a port running, you will get it running.

Don't say something like this. It simply isn't true. Any source port is at the mercy of the libraries it uses to access the hardware and if those have problems (Allegro and my computer strongly dislike each other) there is absolutely no chance to run any software using them in a stable fashion.

Of course there are also programming errors in the port itself. A particularly bad example for this is the old ZDoomGL 0.66. I can't start that thing twice in a row without rebooting and I could consider myself lucky if it ran for 10 minutes without a problem.

since legacy doesn't have the "most popular" features, people who have some trouble with it will not bother to get it running. simple as that.

Simply wrong.
The mere fact that I was asked by several people who had problems with running Legacy to add FraggleScript to GZDoom clearly told me that there's some interest in running Legacy WADs. Those people certainly have tried to get Legacy to work, don't you think?

It definitely has good features, I can't really explain my reluctance to play it other than that I've played zdoom since i got back into the game (I played it when I was 5 for a while and then didn't even think about it until a friend told me about the port)). Legacy and Edge have similar problems (for me, not everyone). Neither feel smooth to me, they run noticably slower, and i can't seem to get my sensitivity the way I want it. I also don't like how the resolution looks on the other sourceports. I use 800x600 in zdoom, I can go higher, but it looks badass the way it is.

Still, I think a good wad can override a sourceport im not crazy about. I really do enjoy this project (or what i've played of it) and eventually I'll put up with legacy to finish it up.

Oh, I mean no offense in my ranting....heh. Anyways....
Just uploaded the final version of the mapset to newstuff. Shouldn't be too long until its available for download.
Keep checking http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/
searching for something like ultforeverv1.0 .wad or .zip
Fixes:
random offsets
level 7 mapname changes to "atmosphere"
fixed w1 floor trigger tags in map06
level 7 kicks you out of doom.
minor changes.
ADDED 3 short demos.
all for legacy(1.42) openGL.
Delete the old versions you may have, you want 1.0
Make sure its ultforever, not the 2004 release.
zang!

jetflock said:

Keep checking http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/
searching for something like ultforeverv1.0 .wad or .zip

It will be rejected from the archive (and thus never get listed in the database) due to the long filename (8 characters is the maximum).

Follow the archive's rules and reupload.

jetflock said:

Its in. Thanks for the NICE warning, I realized that just after uploading and had already contacted TY about it.

Riiiight, that's why after it was rejected the first time, you then went and uploaded it a second time with a long filename.

Edit in reply to Dark Archon's comment below: uploaded the second time with a long filename, and then renamed.

No, I did realize that, and THEN uploaded a second long filename. I work most of the time, and most of the time I am kinda out of it(I had apologized to TY twice, and even he wasn't giving me as hard of a time as you are). So don't be shitty to me, I cannot help it.
No need to put people in a bad mood man. I seriously have no hate to spread, so please drop it.

If your a mod Grazza, then fucking ban me, cuz I'm not getting into this childish shit with you....I hope everything is cool because I really don't feel like talking about this anymore.
Go prove your keen eye for tiny mistakes in some other thread, I just worked an 18 hour shift.
-jetflock (seriously, no bad vibes meant)Please leave my insignificant wad and insignificant thread be....
EDIT: Oh, nevermind....You would never be civil....

Legacy USED to be my favorite port, but every version became slower (i used to run it in 24-bit on a 450mhz computer!), the coronas used to be beautiful but are now horrible, whatever colour mode you are in, plus cool features like skyboxes just vanished, and the team denied that they had ever been in it (someone later told me that if i looked in the source code i would see why it couldnt support them, fucking programmer scum, they expect everyone to 'just understand' i suppose)