Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scientist

Banning Bully video game

That fuckin copout about storys and plotlines, all crap. The kids who buy this game aren't going to give a FUCK about the story. Some games out there, are just garbage, and this seems like one of them. And the rating system doesn't do a fucking thing. Don't blame the parents, because if they don't let the kids get it, you're a moron if you think the kid is going to stop there. I don't think it should be banned, games like this should just be ignored. Everyone knows when you create a lot of negative publicity for a game(or anything else) it only helps it.

boh: it is impossible to judge the story when the contents of the game has not been finalised. The only shit-storied game I've played of Rockstar's was Manhunt. I hope that if it follows GTA spoof like settings, they include a Flashman from Tom Brown's School Days.

Bully... hmm. You know that very well could be interesting. I'll have to take a closer look when more info on it comes up.

Rockstar's games are usually pretty fun to play, but I do get sick of seeing them make such controversial games all the time. Why can't they put those innovation muscles to use in a good old-fashioned adventure game or something?

Knowing Rockstar, it'll probably be open ended to the point where you can choose to be a "righteous" bully, or a complete misanthrope. I'm think you don't have to bully everybody or just any specific group, you probably have a choice of targets. However, I don't know very much about the game.

insertwackynamehere said:

i heard in bully you beat up the bullies.. how is that bad? or am i completly wrong

How is killing bullies any better than being a bully beating kids up

Heh...how retarted. I've seen lame things before, but this takes another piece of the proverbial cake.

Ralphis said:
How is killing bullies any better than being a bully beating kids up

As far as I know, there's not killing in theis game what so ever.

WildWeasel said:

Rockstar's games are usually pretty fun to play, but I do get sick of seeing them make such controversial games all the time. Why can't they put those innovation muscles to use in a good old-fashioned adventure game or something?

Warren Spector thinks that's a good idea. It seems like everyone loves whatever Rockstar makes now, so it wouldn't be hard for them to make something that's not controversial, like an adventure game.

What kind of stupid game idea is this to begin with? Do you get a game over when the kid you've been bullying for the past 2 months goes postal and takes your ass out with his daddy's .22?

The reason people like Rockstar is their games are controversial. If you remove all the violent, criminal elements, they're just average adventure games at best.

udderdude said:

The reason people like Rockstar is their games are controversial. If you remove all the violent, criminal elements, they're just average adventure games at best.

Remove the violence from any game and you have a shitty adventure game.

Janderson said:

Remove the violence from any game and you have a shitty adventure game.

Agreed there. Oh and Bullies don't suck..Its how you deal with them that makes it shitty or not. Either you make it known to them that they can't walk all over you or you take their shit. Nuff said.

Janderson said:

Remove the violence from any game and you have a ty adventure game.

Hey now, don't knock adventure games...the Myst games are pwnage, especially Riven.

Sheesh. I guess they're scared that it will influence children to stand up for themselves. They don't like bullying, and they don't want violence as a solution. Curses to my Dutch Bretheren.

POTGIESSER said:

Sheesh. I guess they're scared that it will influence children to stand up for themselves. They don't like bullying, and they don't want violence as a solution. Curses to my Dutch Bretheren.

it's weird, they do these odd things. You know how it goes.