Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Full Impulse

To prevent streaming for one.

It's a WINRAR EXE.

You can use WinRAR and open the EXE and extract as if it were a ZIP file.

WinRAR to me has very good compression, it allows me to include text information in the installer, and, well, prevents streaming (to save bandwidth).

If you absolutely have problems with the EXE, let me know, and I can ZIP it up and upload it somewhere.

It's just a WinRAR EXE, though. No drama.

BlackFish said:

Great songs, but I only recognize a few of them. I gotta play the projects again or something.

I really wanted a remix of map05 and map06 of momento mori 2.

More than anything, I'd like a remix/remastering of the song Destiny (map17, I think, of Memento Mori); the midi was insanely cool imo, and I found the mp3 version a bit disappointing - particularly because the midi version had some choir-like sounds that made the beginning of the track more ominous/awe inspiring. The mp3 version kinda toned down/fucked up on that.

Nonetheless, these tracks are good too, so it's good news either way :-P

I got the impression the news title was Full Impse.

MM2 is next on the block, so to speak.

Not sure on the quality of the remaster for MM2. I really need to see what can be done.

Can't do any MM. That was all Mark. His best work for Doom, IMHO.

Tolwyn said:

Possibly. I'm listening to those right now!

Tolwyn said:

MM2 is next on the block, so to speak.

Not sure on the quality of the remaster for MM2. I really need to see what can be done.

I love you :-)

Yeah, MM had some great tunes too, but I can live without remastered mp3s of those - just nice to hear that MM2 gets the remasterin' treatment.

Very cool remix/remaster stuff. Some are kinda iffy, but most rock. I like Derelic the best .. has a really evil, sinister feel to it. You can almost feel the SSG in your hands just listening to it :P

I notice that similar work has already been done on the Icarus music. I must have somehow missed that when it was released.

Anyway, this is good stuff.

Grazza said:

I notice that similar work has already been done on the Icarus music.

I've now downloaded this one too, and notice a few errors in the naming. The problem starts with the music called "map16.mp3", which is actually the music for map31. Renaming as follows would correct the problem:

16->31  17->32  18->16  19->17  20->18  21->19
22->20  23->21  24->22  25->30  26->23  27->24
28->25  29->26  30->27  31->28  32->29

Tolwyn said:

If you absolutely have problems with the EXE, let me know, and I can ZIP it up and upload it somewhere.

Not exactly a problem, but WinRAR complains about "Invalid or corrupt authenticity information". Is that to be expected?

I haven't listened to the songs yet, so I can't say whether they came out OK, though - I'll do that now. :)

Wierd.
Shouldn't matter, but I'm a registered owner of WinRAR. I didn't get any such problem retesting the upload.

I wonder if yours is a bit corrupt?

With regards to the names of Icarus songs.

Ha. Guilty. I got lazy.

Schneelocke said:

Not exactly a problem, but WinRAR complains about "Invalid or corrupt authenticity information". Is that to be expected?

I haven't listened to the songs yet, so I can't say whether they came out OK, though - I'll do that now. :)

Tolwyn said:

Wierd.
Shouldn't matter, but I'm a registered owner of WinRAR. I didn't get any such problem retesting the upload.

I wonder if yours is a bit corrupt?

Might be. It's definitely an older WinRAR version - but I registered it, too.

Ah well. The files seem to be OK, so it's not a big deal. :)