Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Newstuff Chronicles 253?

Why is the Newstuff Chronicles becoming less frueqent?

Seems like the reviewers are losing intrest these days.

pcorf said:

Why is the Newstuff Chronicles becoming less frueqent?

Seems like the reviewers are losing intrest these days.

Or Ty.

rf` said:

Or Ty.

No, Ty appears to be on top of the situation again, at least with respect to maintaining the archive.

I understand that Manc (the reviewer for #253) has had computer problems. What the delay with #254 is, I don't know, but that is only a couple of days late so far.

Grazza said:

What the delay with #254 is, I don't know, but that is only a couple of days late so far.

Uh, MMORPG addiction... Anarchy Online to be precise. Somehow a week just magically went by without me noticing.

If I have to give a semi-valid reason however, I prefer #253 to be posted first, so people don't go "OMG WARE IS 253 WAH NEWSTUF IS DYING".

deathz0r said:
Somehow a week just magically went by without me noticing.

Well, staying home at least the truck didn't run you over.

And after they'd gone to the trouble of flying it across the Pacific in a Hercules too. :P

The current lack of 253 is my fault and I apologize. I was caught off guard a bit by being told it was my week as I thought I had signed up for 257, but apparently I signed up for the week where 257 would be if things hadn't gone awry. A bit of a computer meltdown coupled with the lack of time to do it has caused this unforseen delay. Thanks to the wonderful commitment from long time veterans like deathz0r, newstuff 253 will appear very soon.

One of the guys who was in charge of the Newstuff Chronicles had to be evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina last time there was a huge delay. In the meantime, enjoy the stuff they've got now. I KNOW you couldn't have beaten all of them already...

Craigs said:

One of the guys who was in charge of the Newstuff Chronicles had to be evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina last time there was a huge delay. In the meantime, enjoy the stuff they've got now. I KNOW you couldn't have beaten all of them already...

It was all '94 maps.

Craigs said:

One of the guys who was in charge of the Newstuff Chronicles had to be evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina last time there was a huge delay.

Corrections. THE guy who's in charge of the /idgames archive.

Just so you know :)

I think a little protocol clarification is necessary here.

We have a team of reviewers who generously give up their time each week to review wads. These people are under no obligation to do this, and all have busy lives with plenty of committments, especially Manc.

So if newstuff is a bit late one week, that's too bad. If it's a bit late another week, that's too bad. The reviews will come, and no one is losing interest. If you think you can do better, you're perfectly willing to try. Quality new reviewers always welcome, but you might find it's not as easy as you think.

So, thread over, don't want to see anything like it in future without a good reason please.

Kristian Ronge said:
So? Not all of them are shit, you know.

I'm not sure he meant that; plus they weren't all from 1994. '94-'96 and 2005, actually.

WildWeasel said:
One of these days I ought to sign up to do a Newstuff.

You're welcome to try; I'm sure you'd do a good job. Just let Bloodshedder or another high-up know when you're ready.

Also, it's good to hear people are interested in the reviews; it gives the reviewer another reason to write the Chronicles in addition to the joy of playing the game. Feedback is welcome, as well as comments in the T/nC threads!

Kristian Ronge said:

So? Not all of them are shit, you know.

'94 maps imply that 90% of the community wont look at them, not necessarily that they're crap.

rf` said:
'94 maps imply that 90% of the community wont look at them, not necessarily that they're crap.

90% seems a quite steep estimate; this is a site for an old game and many people have shown an appreciation for it in its raw state. I can sort of feel your pain as you've been told your wads would be reviewed and the time keeps ticking by, though I'm sure you understand there've been some unforeseen setbacks.