Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

EPA to allow pesticide testing on orphans & mentally handicapped children

Public comments are now being accepted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on its newly proposed federal regulation regarding the testing of chemicals and pesticides on human subjects. On August 2, 2005, Congress had mandated the EPA create a rule that permanently bans chemical testing on pregnant women and children. But the EPA's newly proposed rule, misleadingly titled "Protections for Subjects in Human Research," puts industry profits ahead of children's welfare. The rule allows for government and industry scientists to treat children as human guinea pigs in chemical experiments in the following situations:

Children who "cannot be reasonably consulted," such as those that are mentally handicapped or orphaned newborns may be tested on. With permission from the institution or guardian in charge of the individual, the child may be exposed to chemicals for the sake of research.
Parental consent forms are not necessary for testing on children who have been neglected or abused.
Chemical studies on any children outside of the U.S. are acceptable.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/epa6.cfm

Scary thought.

Since these corporations get their way one little step at a time, and because the line between lawmakers and corporate bigshots is becoming blurrier by the day, at some point they'll be able to test anything on anyone, for any reason and without their consent.

what, would you rather they tested it on normal children or kids with parents? you sicken me.

Cyb said:

what, would you rather they tested it on normal children or kids with parents? you sicken me.

agreed

The site clearly has an agenda, nevertheless if there is even one iota of truth in that article every American should protest against it.

This is probably fake, although if it isnt they should not do the orphans since they might of had a future. Although the mentally handicapped may not have a future if they were given a chance.

zap610 said:

This is probably fake, although if it isnt they should not do the orphans since they might of had a future. Although the mentally handicapped may not have a future if they were given a chance.

Future? Everyone knows orphans arent people.

What the fuck?

That's all I have to say if this is true.

I don't believe in evil. I just believe in incredible manifestations of human stupidity.

Personally, I believe that handicapped children have their hands full as it is. It's a full-time job constantly excreting waste product and subjecting parents to lifelong burden and public embarrassment. I mean, I can barely manage profuse sweating or "not living up to my potential".

Ohh, this is the last straw, foo's!

seriously, wtf? orphans? I sure hope the kids get an assload of cash compensation.

Its cruel. Better tested on retarded kids then find out I have cancer in the futur after using the chemical. Boy I sound like an asshole.

As long as its pesticides then by all means kill the bastards behind them. Pesticides gave my cat cancer, kidney troubles, dying liver, and eventually made her go blind and deaf. All because my asshole neighbor cherishes his green ant free grass before animals or the welfare or his own little daughters.

baronofhell said:

Scuba Steve, thanks a lot. Because of that picture I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Sloth? Scary? You expose your ignorance.

Csonicgo said:

how about none at all?

Less paperwork and red tape that way. Quicker to get the flesh dissolving chemicals straight into product and out to market.

I can't find anything here regarding force feeding blind retarded orphans volatile potions either.

The funny thing is...on one hand people bitch about testing, on animals and voluntary humans. It's barbaric, midevil and just plain cruel they cry. But on the other hand, all these mouths require acres and acres of chemmy-grown, chemmy-pesticided produce...chemicals that require testing.

Quast said:
I can't find anything here regarding force feeding blind retarded orphans volatile potions either.

The parts they (the OCA) refer to are quoted on their page. They dramatize with the "guinea pig" phrase but aren't saying that there's mention of dosing children, but in Sec. 26.405 + there's something about research on children involving greater than minimal risk.

From what I see, the things they are pointing out there might indeed need further clarification or discussion since they do seem moot or abusable phrasings.

Wow. Just fucking wow. This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Imagine if they tested something on Albert Einstein and accidentally killed him as an infant just because he was autistic like myself...poor mis-guided world...still treating AS/autism (same shit, different pile) as a disability.

I really think this crosses the line. If the US actually goes through with this (I'm Canadian), I'll have yet another thing to add to my imaginary "why I hate the USA" list.

No, I'm not flaming, I'm just patriotic...I love my country.

Anyway, that does it for this rant.

-_DLD_- said:

Wow. Just fucking wow. This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Imagine if they tested something on Albert Einstein and accidentally killed him as an infant just because he was autistic like myself...poor mis-guided world...still treating AS/autism (same shit, different pile) as a disability.

I really think this crosses the line. If the US actually goes through with this (I'm Canadian), I'll have yet another thing to add to my imaginary "why I hate the USA" list.

No, I'm not flaming, I'm just patriotic...I love my country.

Anyway, that does it for this rant.

Wow, you're autistic, too? I found out I was just earlier this year. And I didn't know Einstein was, as well...

-_DLD_- said:

Wow. Just fucking wow. This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Imagine if they tested something on Albert Einstein

Oh fuck! What if they tested it on Hitler, Stalin, Ranavalona, Caligula, who ever helped brainstorm, design and create the manhattan project or Tim westwood? Where would we be now?

Einsteins and Jack the Rippers are being killed daily anyway, whether in good health or disabled.

It is disgusting, but stuff does need to be tested. I'm not condoning or condemning because one day their sacrifice may save me or someone I love, they might even save an Einstein or three.