Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pilottobombadier

Doom on Mobile

Apparently Doom 1 has been ported (at least the shareware version) to mobile. Being that my Nokia 6620 plays audio through the Bluetooth headset when synched (fucking slick), I want this. Bad. Anyone know where I can get it?

I have the wildpalm port for my 3650, but I had to get a cracked version for sound to work. The one amaster posted looks interesting; I may have to try it.

Edit: damnit, that port doesn't work on the 3650.

Heh, too bad my little LG Telus phone will probably have fatal epleptic siezures if I try to put this on it...

And I'm too cheap/don't use my phone nearly enough to buy one that can use DOOM.

It wouldn't work anyway; LG's don't have Symbian. So, you'd have to get Symbian on the phone, too. It's embedded in my Nokia. And again, it wouldn't run unless you've got the memory to do it, unless you just want the shareware; with a 128 MB memory card (my phone will hold up to a gig), I can get all 4 main wad files (Doom 1, Doom 2, Evilution and Plutonia) on it.

Anyway, I have to check my phone's OS version before I can proceed. Plus I have to waste my MP3's on the memory card.

And for the record, no, I do not live under a rock; I just didn't give a rat's ass about mobile until I actually got one - specifically a got a do-all phone.

This screenshot is particularly interesting. Good link Assmasterer! Too bad I don't have a phone to try this out. :(

I do have the doom RPG however, and I'll just say I REALLY wish I could play standard doom instead...

Comiclez said:

*cums*

Mancubus II: Have you tried looking for a used cell phone that would play the version you were looking at? I bet those older phones come real cheap now ;)

For these who have played the DOOM RPG, could you tell something about it? How's that Kronos (in term of behavior, and role in the game), what's the kind of gameplay? Do you think it's posible to extract graphics from it?

The gameplay is turn-based; the levels are single-story maps with mostly 90-degree walls (as you can only turn in the NSEW cardinal directions). It's pretty fun, and there's more dialogue from NPCs than I had anticipated.

Kronos fills the role of Bertruger from Doom 3; you don't encounter him until the end of the game. There are e-mails and what not from him earlier though that just serve to identify him as the primary villain (i.e., the demon mastermind).