Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gatekeeper

DoomBuilder help - multilevel WAD

Hello people,

I have just started using Doom Builder and so far I am very happy with what it can do. However, I am not yet completely familiar with how it works and I do not know how to do specific tings. Here is what I want to ask you:

How do I merge several custom levels into one Wad? For example: I want to make a whole episode 1 of custom levels, or even more than one full episode, and have it all in one Wad file.

How can I do that? A clear explanation on the matter will make me much happier :)

Thank you in advance, and Doom on!

Open up db, and hit new map.
Assuming you have already done MAP01 (or whatever lump), enter this one as MAP02.
Edit away!
When you want to save, hit 'save into' and hit your wad. Presto, two maps in one wad.
From now on, just open up that wad and select which map you want to edit.

No, "Save Into" only puts your map into another WAD file and does not copy over any additional resources. "Save As" on the other hand DOES copy all of the WAD lumps over to the new WAD file, but it overwrites the target instead of merging with it.

thanks codeimp :) shall save me some time in the future

iv hit mappers block atm :( and wondering if i should just wait for you to release a bug fixed version or to continue atm

Just continue if you can and have any inspiration. BuilderX is a good alternative for the time being. Due to other projects, my next DB release is a few months away from now I think.

well it quite hard with crashes every few hours :) builderX still doesnt do the job

if the next DB is that far off, then i ask who ever made builderX to fix the rest of these bugs so we can map without interruption

you could just use winTEX and drag all the maps and it's assosiated files into 1 wad then use then "clean up wad" option to reduce it's size". You youcan open up you map wad and just build new levels from there. DB shouldsave them into automatically.