Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

I want to do some more doom stuff but out of ideas

Linguica said:

Make a ZDoom level and I will do scripting for it!!!!

ive always wanted to do a zdoom level that had scripting things going on in it o<#:-(
i once attempted to learn scripting but that latest for about 3 minutes before i gave up due to frustration.

are there any example scripts out there? i tried to look for some once but couldnt find any.

I have no idea how to script, period.

I just hope that it somewhat resembles the "Trigger" system in .scm and .scx files (StarCraft maps, for those who don't know).

Heh, I can't even find any "script" button or "file" in DOOM Iwads (such as the "Kill the Cyber Demon" win condition in E2M8).

-_DLD_- said:

Heh, I can't even find any "script" button or "file" in DOOM Iwads (such as the "Kill the Cyber Demon" win condition in E2M8).

The special win conditions were hardcoded into the original engine, which had no scripting capabilities. ;)

Mike

If you're bored of mapping Foofoo, try doing some sprite editing here and there, or try sound effects production.
Those ideas didn't work as well and as smoothly for me personally as mapping did, but it was still a fun experience to undertake.

Build a huge deteriorated bright spaceport map.
The player has to find a big computer,
find a spaceport which is hidden behind two power generator,
kill ridiculous numbers of Icon of Sin,
kill a lot Arachnotrons which guard a lost UAC machine and
kill ridiculous numbers of Mancubi

On a more serious note:

http://www.zdoom.org/zdkb/scriptprimer.html

http://www.zdoom.org/zdkb/scrmikewelsh.html

Don't know if you have already seen those. I hope you keep mapping, the stuff you make is truely awesome and has inspired me alot.

DarkJedi188 said:

If you're bored of mapping Foofoo, try doing some sprite editing here and there, or try sound effects production.

thanks but i have.

Foofoo: How about a map designed around a high-rise building, with a skybox that shows the other skyscrapers way below where you stand? (I actually attempted that once but ran out of inspiration)

Dr. Zin said:

I hope you keep mapping, the stuff you make is truely awesome and has inspired me alot.

thanks but mapping and doing doom stuff depresses me. <#:-(

:(

That's a shame, I'd love to see more stuff like grove.wad. We love you for your non-conformant brain matter! So do the first thing that pops into your head and it will be perfect.

Take a break and read more books. Hopefully you'll be inspired to make something interesting. Personally, I'd love to see another map like Daedalus. I want a Doom map with a cool story, new monsters, and good music, especially black metal.

I always get better at something when I spend less time on it. I must subconsciously practice it, and come back better, even if I didn't even think about it the whole time! Don't do too much at once or you'll burn out.

I think you should do another project like grove. I'm still working on that grove2 thing which is for zdoom so you can use whatever resources I have made for it. If not grove then maybe some other original enviroment.

I do hope that you go with zdoom though. You can do all kinds of cool stuff with zdoom in order to bring ambience to your wad and if you don't know how to do something, I can help. And if I can't then I'm sure theres dozens of other people here that will.

Higher Game said:

I always get better at something when I spend less time on it. I must subconsciously practice it, and come back better, even if I didn't even think about it the whole time! Don't do too much at once or you'll burn out.

I think I know what you mean.

Foofoo said:

i really want to do a mall type wad but some other dudes apparently doing one.

Screw him, do it and make a Dawn of the Dead zombie infested mall. I would shat my pants for that.

A map where you and your team (a bunch of scripted marines) enter in an installation and must kill the Ghoul (that ultrafast monster that someone made and included in a dark wood map).

A map where you and your team (the same) must defend a base from a demon invasion, some security system that you can use. That's allways fun to make and to play.

Foofoo said:

i really want to do a mall type wad but some other dudes apparently doing one.

You can make one for Xmas Doom 2005. I can send you the 2004 version to check out.

o<#:-Ohohoho!

A space station designed by aliens with a twisted sense of humour based on them watching television signals from earth.

Foofoo: If you want to do that mall wad, go ahead. I am having trouble constructing a level like that so you can do it. You have cool ideas for something like that and you would probably be more successful with it. Maybe I can help you if you come to a stand still.
If you have other ideas for a wad, just keep it simple and awsome at the same time.

-Alando1

alando1 said:

Foofoo: If you want to do that mall wad, go ahead. I am having trouble constructing a level like that so you can do it. You have cool ideas for something like that and you would probably be more successful with it. Maybe I can help you if you come to a stand still.
If you have other ideas for a wad, just keep it simple and awsome at the same time.

-Alando1

Why not make this into a two-person team project?
Sometimes team work can really rock and help people to achieve their common goals.

DarkJedi188 said:

Why not make this into a two-person team project?
Sometimes team work can really rock and help people to achieve their common goals.

na. thanks though.