Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfred

"Texture Directory is too short"

Alright, I need help on this rather irritating problem. After downloading XWE, I decided it would be best to go headlong into a project I'd been working on for over 2 months, a few changes and it was great, then I decided to be adventurious and got cocky in my skill... This brings me to my point, I get the message "Texture Directory is too short" when i try to initialize my map in zDoom, any thoughts on this?

I haven't seen that message yet. If it's ZDooM specific, did you look on the ZDooM site for documentation? Other than that, email me your WAD file, and I can check out what's wrong with it.

Csabo said:

I haven't seen that message yet. If it's ZDooM specific, did you look on the ZDooM site for documentation? Other than that, email me your WAD file, and I can check out what's wrong with it.

I found something when looking for the key words with google:

http://www.doomworld.com/eternity/engine/ee-changelog2.txt

Search that document for the string "texture directory".
I don't know, what he's talking about, but it might give you a hint.

Greetings
Funduke

sorry for troubling all of you, I just went back to an old back up file before i ever used XWE, and am being more careful about what i add. I suppose the problem was that I had too many textures for the map to read or something, suppose adding the entire plutonia wad was a bad idea. At any rate, I enjoy XWE and will use it in my future wads/maps.