Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

The Demon Arena!

Choose a monster out of Doom I/Doom II that could beat the previous monster and state why. You can use any monster except the CyberDemon, Icon of Sin, and Mastermind. I'll start it off with something easy.

Pinky(<3)

Aight, I'll play ball. The cacodemon could beat the pinky. He has a long range attack. If it's face to face, his bite is pretty fierce.

The Baron of hell could beat the Cacodemon, because he could stick a flaming hand up the Caco's ass.

shotgunmasacre2 said:

And Ill kill the baron with a chainsaw at point blank;)
By chopping off his dick.

Great job stopping the chain, I was afraid it might actually get through all of the monsters.

Comiclez said:

The Baron of hell could beat the Cacodemon, because he could stick a flaming hand up the Caco's ass.

The Mancubus could beat the Baron of Hell, with his multiple and powerful fireballs could fry the Baron, still as tough as it is he'd hold the battle enough to give a good damage to the Mancubus with its green fireballs at a distance, and claws in the climax of the battle.
But after the battle ends, the map restart, the Mancubus has all its health again.

An arachnotron could pwn a single manc any day of the week.

@Craigs: You should've ruled out the archvile as well.

Things change, a chaingunner apears surprising the Arachnotron, and with his chaingun he holds the Arachnotron in pain until death.

The Pain Elemental comes in and fills the sky with lost souls, assuming he's running in a source port. An endless supply of lost souls will eventually kill any other monster as long as the PE hides behind them. :)

Also, the archvile would be his own worst enemy, reviving any monster he just killed, unless it's a cyber or SM. They're kinda dumb that way.

If we're playing with "smartmonsters" now, then the Revenant can kill the Pain Elemental, since he'd just shoot seeking rockets at him until he dies...and the the Revenant can hold his own in close combat against smaller opponents, plus he's fast.

The cyberdemon, Icon of Sin, and spidermastermind are excluded in the arena, so nothing ends here. The Hell Knight may kill the Revenant in a close combat.

Yeah, that's why I said smaller foes.

Anyway, an Arachnotron would pwn the Hell Knight. I've seen a single Arachnotron take down 2 Barons for me once.

but the archvile would pwn the revenants ass by throwing him across the room and burning his rockets to smitherines before they touched him

The thing about Pain Elementals is that if it hits a monster with a lost soul, the victim will attack the lost soul that it was hit by instead of the PE. ;/

In the doom 2 map, Courtyard (don't remember the number), you can shoot a few shots in the air and then strafe around and wake up as many hidden monsters as possible, then while strafing around the courtyard you can avoid all the attacks of the dozens of monsters while they keep hitting each other. Last monsters standing were 3 cacos. Runners up were: A hell knight, a pinky demon, and an imp. I think the reason the cacos won is because they get hit with less crossfire because they are in the air, and not in the way of as many projectiles.

Mivalekan said:

The thing about Pain Elementals is that if it hits a monster with a lost soul, the victim will attack the lost soul that it was hit by instead of the PE. ;/

With thing_hate factor make a pain elemental and other monster to fight and you'll see that the other monster attacks the Pain Elemental.

The Pain Elemental was killed by a Revenant, the Revenant was killed by a Hell Knight, the Arachnotron can't kill the Hell Knight because he was killed by a chainguner, so it's still the champion on this demon arena (for a while).

T-1 said:

Last monsters standing were 3 cacos. I think the reason the cacos won is because they get hit with less crossfire because they are in the air, and not in the way of as many projectiles.

That plus the Cacodemons are soooooo cute. <3

-_DLD_- said:

That plus the Cacodemons are soooooo cute. <3

And flaming death is sooooo not...

That's true, but you've gotta admit...Cacos are the cutest monsters ever. The Pain Elemental is a close second.

They should release a series of DOOM plushies...I'd so take a Caco to bed every night. <3

Cacos are creepy, the way the just stay there floating with that one eye piercing into your soul. Well mabey it's not that bad but they either look funny or freaky.

You're wrong, put two monsters in fight using the "thing_hate" factor, and you'll see that the archvile is attacked as the rest of us. The Motherdemon is the winner.

A baron versus an archvile is a fairly even fight. After some testing the baron won 5 out of 9 one on one fights.