Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to my doomworld brethren! How do you all (those that observe it) plan on spending the day or, assuming you read this later on, how did you spend your day?

I will make my own post later. Have a safe holiday everybody :)

I'm working today just like I would any other Thursday. I don't give a shit about holidays except when they involve me getting money. Even then, I don't care about the actual day itself.

Im doing the whole turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce thing with family at about 5, then im going to play me some doom..

I cant spell u said:

Im native american, so I dont celebrate thanksgiving since you sluaghtered my ancestors.

Oh I did? Oh jeez, I'm sorry. I didn't know that was your family that I was slaughtering. It's also a great thing I'm roughly 500 years old now.

But damn, nothing like smacking some naive indians around am I rite or wut

Besides, they must not have been slaughtered too badly. You're still here to bitch about it

Regen said:

Im doing the whole turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce thing with family at about 5, then im going to play me some doom..

I think that's what I did on October 10th.

I'm British so I'm always bemused by this apparently huge festival/holiday you have that goes almost entirely unnoticed over here, and just a month or so before another huge festival (or two) at that. We're aware of it, and know you lot celebrate it but I suspect most of us don't know what it's about and, if asked at any other time of the year, probably wouldn't even remember when it is celebrated.

So, I spent my day at work, suffering from a nasty little cold until the snow got quite bad and the school was closed and everyone sent home. I had pepperoni pizza, not turkey.

I don't really give a crap about Thanksgiving myself...I don't even really like turkey. I'd prefer a nice duck with some orange sauce instead.

My grandpa is over, and my mom's friend Mike is coming over later and we're all going to have the usual turkeyday feast, albiet a little late this year (usualy we have it at like 3 pm).

Anyway, like most holidays I have my own pwersonal reasons for celebrating this holiday. It's pretty much to celebrate the harvest season and give thanks to that which we are lucky enough to have.

I'd also like to add that turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and eggnog are some of my favorite foods ever. :D

Enjay said:

I'm British so I'm always bemused by this apparently huge festival/holiday you have that goes almost entirely unnoticed over here, and just a month or so before another huge festival

I wouldn't call it festive. Thanksgiving isn't that "big". All it really is, is friends and families get together for a nice meal. That is all my family does anyway.

I ate icecream and chips, smoked the narghile and played Nimrod in Skulltag with my friends. It was awesome.

I don't celebrate thanksgiving since I don't live in america. But, all that food sure sounds nice. :p

We had a huge lunch like we always do with turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc. Afterwards I got my wireless card to work under Linux on my laptop, followed by Quake4 in Linux on my desktop (stupid nVidia TwinView Meta modes...). Now I'm just waiting for Q3Linux to finish downloading from the Id server. Tonight I'll probably either watch a movie with my mom, play some console games, or program.

In Britain we don't call it Thanksgiving, we call it "Good riddance day" :)
But on a somber note:

A can of Ensure is the highlight of Thanksgiving for the dozen or so top al Qaeda terrorists in the CIA's secret overseas prisons.

Besides the repetitive playing of rap music, they have been made to talk by harsh treatment that includes water boarding, in which water is poured over the face to make them think they are drowning.
"The person believes they are being killed, and as such it really amounts to a mock execution," said John Sifton, the Afghanistan researcher at Human Rights Watch.

The inmates rarely see daylight, and the CIA gives them the bare minimum to make sure they do not die in U.S. custody. That includes the cans of Ensure and shots of vitamin B12.

abc news

What's wrong with that? Don't tell me you're having sympathy for fucking terrorists! Anywho, hearing rap music continiously is much easier than hearing metal continiously. I think most would agree, accept the metal community.

I cant spell u said:

Im native american, so I dont celebrate thanksgiving since you sluaghtered my ancestors.

Agreed. both countries are responsible for that.

fodders said:

In Britain we don't call it Thanksgiving, we call it "Good riddance day" :)
But on a somber note:

abc news

when you gonna quit tryin to give a guilt trip

Bloodskull said:

Nothing better on thanksgiving then accepting breasts from your girlfriend!

If by "breasts" you mean "turkey breast" and by "girlfriend" you mean "mom" then I might begin believing you

exp(x) said:

I ate Chinese food for dinner after work; it was tasty.

I just got home from my after-youthgroup dinner: a healthy McDonald's meal!