Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

1024 Maps

Note to wad authors. Before you lable something as workin with "limit removing", make sure that it actually do just that.

It's a nice wad, but it needs more beta testing.

Lee, your maps are also very good, if a bit on the conservative side. However, they played very well.
I agree that Russel's Nullspace Junior is a gem, an awesome map in all respects.
Some maps are somewhat messy and crammed, but overall, this is an inspiring collection.

What is with all these doors that are thousands of units high and take FOREVER to open? Those things piss me off to no end. And why did I just have to restart MAP29?

Edit: Ok, figured out Map29. Even though it took 5 minutes, 2 of them waiting on a damn door. I telefragged myself in the end or something and respawned too fast.

yea i had an issue w/ map 10 i believe it was, something like i couldn't figure it out... i got on that ledge that runs around the lip above that pit off the ledge that the hell knight and baron were, but there were no switches to hit, unless i did something drastically wrong or zdoom hates that map.

it's actually map 11 i'm talking about... i think its borked

There's probably a switch hidden in some other room. That level's weird. More 2-minute doors, but over switches this time. And what's the deal with telefragging Bossbrains?

It's a measure taken to pretend that Doom2 actually has different episodes, used before in wads like the Scythe series. It's meant to start you on the following level from scratch if you're playing the whole wad straight through.

I didn't see a single door that would match your description.

The wall blocking the exit teleporter in map29 did take a while to lower though. I had to wait after all the imps were dead.

I don't see any point in making me wait just for a damn switch to finally come down. Anybody remember Mock 2 Map02?

The end of map29 was drawn out quite a bit more than it needed to be, but the map30 lowering walls did have a point: to see if you could survive while the boss sent its minions after you.

Great.

~
SV_CHEATS 1
MAP MAP30
GOD
~

Yes, I am one of the most impatient people in the world.

Mary mother of jesus my eyes did not need to see that. If you cannot play on that skill level without being monster raped, LOWER YOUR SKILL. If you are on ITYTD, uh, I dunno, because thats quite a level of suckage I've never encountered. But please dont cheat because of your impatiance. And if you must do not tell us about it kthnxbai.

EDIT (For attention): How the blue fuck does god help you with patience. Unless you dont mind being monster raped while you wait as apposed to actually fighting (which is more interesting).

I don't think that would cure impatience anyway. Noclipping would, though.

This is a fun little mapset and an interesting experiment. Interesting to see how various people solved the problems caused by the restrictions in this challenge. Kudos to all who contributed. Quality varies but generally the standard is very high.

Most maps are good fun for jumping into, playing a few minutes and then jumping out again. Just perfect for those late night - I'll just play a bit of Doom before I shutdown - moments.

I agree with those who have said that Nullspace Junior is good. To me it's the jewel in the crown. Amazing how much gameplay you can get on a map that is, ultimately, little more than 2 floors and a curved staircase. It looks great too. Nice use of custom modified textures.

I'm up to map22 and it's pretty awesome so far. Favorite maps so far are Outpost 1024, Corpse Yard and Bantam, but pretty much every map is great.

I know exactly the problem with map 11... the red skull key is not in the pit on the easiest mode. Other than that, every other map is beatable on easiest.

I've only had a chance to play a few of the maps, but there's some impressive work.