Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caligari87

"LOL" Doom Moments

-_DLD_- said:

That single link has completely ruined Map01. FOREVER!

Damn you, last night I dreamed that an irish saved the life of the author of that map, and so he composed a theme on his honour!

It has been a while since anyone has posted here but i had a lol moment a while ago.

i had my friend try doom for the first time, and he was quite good.

he started getting over-confident and then took on a lost soul with his fists. the lost soul missed him but blew him up by a barrel behind him - He still had about 10 health left when an imps fireball was flying along and hit him. meaning he died.

when it happened it was SO funny at the time

- sausage -

I don't recall too many things happening in Doom that seriously made me laugh, whether in my mind or out loud, but there was a moment in Alien Vendetta that did.

Okay, I don't know which map it is...16, 17 or 18. One of those. Anyway, you go through a narrow hallway which leads to a room with a cyberdemon in a "cage" made out of pole-sized elevators. If you step towards the cybie, only a couple of the shafts come down, allowing you to shoot a BFG shot through it. Right before the shafts raised back up, I tried to shoot another. The shot successfully went almost all the way through, but then the shaft went back up, taking the shot with it! It looked really strange and funny. Also, there's a [url="http://mastermind.ytmnd.com/]hilarious YTMND[/url] featuring the Spidey dancing. Here's http://doomoskau.ytmnd.com/]another one with even more characters dancing.

Another edit: Thanks, Archon, but I still can't figure it out. I know, I'm retarded.

-_DLD_- - I Cannot make out what the is meant to say on the first picture you posted...

can you tell me?

- sausage -

This may be the most pointless post in this thread (then again, maybe not), but I find myself LMAO in almost every game I play on ST.
Or, in SP, there's countless LOLs abound in any noob wad.
edit: And as far as Doom and dancing goes, http://doomdance.ytmnd.com

I vote for the Cacodemon death sound too :)

Then again, I once played a WAD with a pit full of Arch-villes, called the popcorn pit in the description. Hillarious! =)

Morris said:

This may be the most pointless post in this thread (then again, maybe not), but I find myself LMAO in almost every game I play on ST.
Or, in SP, there's countless LOLs abound in any noob wad.
edit: And as far as Doom and dancing goes, http://doomdance.ytmnd.com

What is ST and SP?

Strangely I was having AtariST in my mind when I first read that, though I was probably off-topic ;P

I was playing this guy on dwango5, and he was firing rockets at me down the outdoor area from one end, and when I killed him, he respawned at the opposite end of the oudoor area and got hit by one of his own rockets he had fired.

I once made a legacy level where you had to blow up some kind of uac generator with the use of fraggle and tons of rockets, it would send the player flying like crazy, me and mr.rocket played it for like an hour and half just blowing each other up.

Sergeants blowing up nearby barrels, particularly when there's a number of other weak enemies in the area. Playing E1, I actually always used to align myself in relation to hitscan enemies so that a barrel was directly between :P

Also, Requiem MAP22 features a "friendly" arachnotron. How I noticed it was friendly I don't know. I think was fighting my enemies, which I thought was unusual, and then when I expected it to turn on me it just never did. I did end up killing it eventually anyway out of fear, but it was pretty entertaining. (cph emailed me and said it was the result of a level lump being one byte too short)

sargebaldy said:

Requiem MAP22 features a "friendly" arachnotron. ... (cph emailed me and said it was the result of a level lump being one byte too short)

Added to teh list.

Has to be the first time i killed someone with my fists in skulltag. I must have laughed until i couldn't breathe. It even got better the next day when one of my friends tested skulltag himself. I will never forget him screaming: "I FISTED HIM! I FREAKING FISTED HIM!"