Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cobain's Ghost

Reccomended downloads?

I am desperately trying to get a level editor for Doom, but the one I tried (Doombuilder) didn't work. Do I need the ZDOOM thing? If so what is it and where do I get it? Also I downloaded the UAC Labs levels but they didn't work, something about custom sprites. One last thing, I installed Skulltag (copied the doom.wad to the right place etc...) but it still won't let me play Doom online. Feel free to call me a n00b etc... if you are so inclined, but if you must, at least do so while answering the question. Cheers.

Try reading the text files that come with your downloaded level editors, WADs and source ports. The things you listed all work, so you're obviously doing something wrong on your end ?

Yeah, probably. I discovered what ZDOOM does so am currently downloading that, so thats a start, once it's installed I'll take a look at what else I need. Thanks.

Ok. In order to play Doom online, it is recommended that you have both Doom.wad and Doom2.wad, version 1.9, though you can have either one, you must make sure that it is version 1.9.

However, 99% of servers and mods today use doom2.wad, not doom.wad.