Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avenging Angel

What's your opinion on **********?

Is ********** a good/bad legal/illegal site?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is ********** a good/bad legal/illegal site?

• Good site
    • Bad site
    • Illegal
    • Legal
    • Not sure

Late at night, and just ate too much pie for one man. So, I ask a question of anyone reading this:

Is it, in your opinion, a warez site or not? And what do you think of it? ***NO LINKS PLEASE***

Pros:

It deletes any games/etc that are still sold by the publisher/etc, and puts up links to the game company's websites so you can buy the older games.

It only lists freeware, games/etc that have been released as abandonware by their makers, or severely old abandonware from closed companies.

Cons:

It is called/listed as an abandonware site.

Lots of popups, some of which could cause PC errors.

One DL at a time limit.

It has gotten some hate mail.

Later all.

They try their best to stay on the good side of the law, removing downloads for games owned by ESA members; and they immediately score points for also listing freeware/shareware games and non-PC games. Lord knows it's impossible to find a good place to download freeware games without having them riddled with spyware in the installers.

Somethigs are questionable on the site. I like it. Like said its hard to find good classic game sites. Although I hate companies that don't touch a game franchise for ten years and still refuse to hand it out as freeware.

Without ****... uh... I would have a lot more PS2 games. Probably an XBox. So yeah, its a good thing.

Good site, they helped me find the incredibly awesome game, Strife which I am planning on buying legally off this site someday soon.

BBG said:

Good site, they helped me find the incredibly awesome game, Strife which I am planning on buying legally off this site someday soon.

I bought a loose CD version of Strife for a dollar at a local trade in store. Very excellent under ZDOOM. I can now say that I own every game ever based off the Doom Engine, including HACX.

Avenging Angel said:

One DL at a time limit.

It has gotten some hate mail.

How is it not being a warez site a con? And some warez kids hatemailing simply because it's not a warez site when they're looking for a warez site, how is that a con?

If only the server weren't so slow, I'd be able to appreciate it a bit more. I'm talking about the pages, not the actual downloads. Goddamn near three minutes for one load.

Although most of the stuff on ******** can be considered abandonware, there are some games up for download that can still be ordered. So, no links please :)