Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

A Level A Day

The Flange Peddler said:

Did you get my map Torn?

Yeah, maybe your map will be 23 or 24. december. :)

Enjay said:

Hmm, frustration. The 17 link gives me a 404, as does typing a the likely address of the zip. Is it really missing or am I just being impatient (8 minutes past midnight)?

[sings] Take it easy, boy boy [/sings] :P
I will have it up at like 9-10am.
But it won't have screenshots, sorry. :(
But I don't have doom.wad installed at my parent's.

sargebaldy said:

Er, when I looked I found them, so I don't know. I don't know why only ZDoom gets all hissy about it anyway. And yeah, the map is probably a bit tough, since it was actually intended as a MAP06.

ALready fixed, sargebaldy. It is the arch-vile cage there is problems with (the water contain). But now you are able to shot it instead. :(

Torn: find someone to take screenshots, and the name of the map is Hager, not hangar :P

Torn said:

ALready fixed, sargebaldy. It is the arch-vile cage there is problems with (the water contain). But now you are able to shot it instead. :(

Oh, I must have been looking at something else then. Thanks for the fix, although that is kind of annoying :/

Torn said:

But it won't have screenshots, sorry. :(

It won't have a link to the file either. ;)

Nice little map though. Very ep1-ish in style. Quite a few "recognisable" areas. I always find it interesting to see which areas from the originals people pay tribute to in their episode 1 themed maps.

Grazza said:

I agree with Belial too: no matter where this was intended to go in a megawad, it should be at least tiny bit more comfortably playable from a pistol start.

Well, I'd finished the map months before the project was even announced, and as it was meant for another project I didn't particularly want to make a "lite" version specfically for the Advent Calendar. So oh well.

In map 19, anytime you try to quicksave after the arch-vile section, zdoom crashes with a violation error.

LordK said:

Erik Alm is a mapping GOD! He should have been named the Mapper of the Year...

I couldn't agree more. Great map.

Yup, Erik's map is very good fun to play and a great looking little presentation too.

Now, where's 21 dammit. ;)

I added december 21, 22 and 23 for a few mins ago. So all the dates is covered. Thanks goes to lutrov and shitbag. :)

The texture wad doesn't make that big a difference to the level, you should be fine playing without it until Torn fixes the link.

BlackFish said:

Fix the zip for dac23, there's a bunch of weird directories.

sorry, fixed... :(

Shitbag's third map is my favourite of his so far. A really good, large and great-looking hell map. Not so sure about some of the darker bits, but generally it was really cool.

I found his other two maps ok, but a little annoying. In both (and especially the first) I finished with ammo to spare, but had previously at some point in the map gone completely dry. I never found anything to use all the cells I had in map2 though, maybe I missed something obvious. I did think there was a severe lack of health in map2, making gameplay far more cautious than need be. All that damaging blood, and the mother of all hit scanners, didn't help matters. I think more health would have helped the map flow a lot better.

The Flange Peddler said:

Shitbag's third map is my favourite of his so far. A really good, large and great-looking hell map. Not so sure about some of the darker bits, but generally it was really cool.

Your map is tomorrow. :)

DAC24 a very nice little base to finish off. The fact that it is set somewhere snowy is nice, but actually pretty irrelevant to most of the level. It was fun to play though. Not a huge climax map or anything - just good fun.

This has been a great little project with some very nice maps. Thanks to Torn and all the other contributors. Have a good one.