Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthy Ivan

After playing DooM 3...

After playing Doom 3 and its expansion, I have to say, I was impressed!!! I liked the monsters, story, guns, and the scenery! I have seen threads and heard peeps opinions of it (some good, some bad) but either way, I loved it!
I was wondering what was your favorite part of doom 3, weather it be a cinima or part of gameplay?
Mine is still undecided... :P

The scenery and atmosphere would perhaps be what I like most about Doom3. After blowing away everything in a room, I'll sometimes stay a little while and admire the way the lighting's being used. Some of my favourite moments are riding the monorails and watching the light move across the cars.

Mine would be a draw between fighting and lighting. The lights are pretty to look at with all the shadows and everything. Some of the fights were very well set up, I don't care what anyone says about imps appearing behind them, if those critters want to become part of my collection, they're free to pop out where ever they want. But the general fights were fun and gave me a feeling of acomplishment when my health is in the red. In fact I wish doomguys max health was 15 or so, because thats when my skill hits its peak, I mean it has to hasn't it. The only thing that bugged me about Doom3 is the enemies, I want more!

Doom3 and the expansion were good and all, but they have little replay value. Playing through again feels like more of a chore than actual fun.

I actually enjoyed ROE more than the original for the simple fact that there was no where near as many imps in the first one. Plus there was more action and a bigger hell level. For some reason ROE didn't run as good though.

I enjoyed the Monorail and Recycling levels most, the layouts are more open and include some vertical combat at least. CPU was also very cool and moody. And Site1... there were so many cool places! But it would have been more fun if it wasn´t so linear.

I'm not done with the expansion, but I like it so far. Honestly, I'd rather have Imps spawning everywhere than Vulgars...Vulgars are so damn stupid and annoying as Hell. They can leap across the damn 3 miles room and STILL HIT ME.

Janderson said:

In fact I wish doomguys max health was 15 or so, because thats when my skill hits its peak, I mean it has to hasn't it.

Modify the configuration file.

Janderson said:

In fact I wish doomguys max health was 15 or so, because thats when my skill hits its peak,

ultdoomer said:

Modify the configuration file.

Or just play on Nightmare...

AirRaid said:

Or just play on Nightmare...

Hmm, are there more monsters on nightmare than veteran as well as deteriorating health?

No, the only difference in Nightmare is the health drops to 25 and you start with the soulcube. That's it. Oh, and there's no health kits or health stations.

If you want it harder, I'll make you a mod. But yeah, that's one of the things I love most about Doom 3: it's sooooo easy to mod. All you need is WinRAR and Notepad. The atmosphere was really cool, and I thought everything looked very good. My favorite level was the first part of Delta Labs: No enemies attack you for five minutes. Now THAT was high tension!
Speaking of the monorail, for some reason I love to go to that door at the end of the train hall after you crash: The noise behind it is just so...unsettling.
Also in Nightmare, if you have over 25 it will decrease gradually until it gets there.

...which I still am, I still can't find the main portal. I'm stuck teleporting back and fourth between 4 of them.