Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Why Did You Choose Your Avatar?

Recommended Posts

This topic is simple enough. Why did you choose the avatar you're using?

I chose mine because he suits my personality the most out of all of them, and he looks like a certain person...

Share this post


Link to post

i made mine too

i didn't like the preset firebrand avatar here much (Firebrand had it first back in the day and was using it, he also scanned it himself) so I stuck with the modern day firebrand sexy breating animation, which can easily be taken out of context.

Share this post


Link to post

It's just what I was stuck with when avatar uploading got broken. I prefer it to any of the default avatars, and don't want to use an "html in the title" form of avatar, as that leaves an ugly gap where the actual avatar image is intended to go.

I made the image because Equinox map13 is a great map, but not a lot of thought went into it - it's just a few of the sprite frames from there made into an animated gif. I recall that getting the key in the right place (or rather, trying to do so) was fiddly.

Share this post


Link to post

I chose mine because it's what I'm obsessed with. Less so now...but I still get spurts of that obsessive feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

It's just what I was stuck with when avatar uploading got broken. I prefer it to any of the default avatars, and don't want to use an "html in the title" form of avatar, as that leaves an ugly gap where the actual avatar image is intended to go.

I made the image because Equinox map13 is a great map, but not a lot of thought went into it - it's just a few of the sprite frames from there made into an animated gif. I recall that getting the key in the right place (or rather, trying to do so) was fiddly.

Is it merely a coincidence that you, a Super Mod with a Red Key in your avatar, moderate this forum, with a Red Key indicating a locked topic?

Share this post


Link to post

At the time I wasn't a supermod and locked threads didn't have the red key symbol by them.

Also, I have devoted a lot of effort to skipping as many red keys as possible in Icarus. So maybe I'm trying to get away from the thing.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't choose an avatar, because I don't really like the ones available. I'd request a custom one, but only if I could use one of my 80x80's.

Share this post


Link to post
-_DLD_- said:

You lucky bastards and your custom avatars. =(

Oi! That's one of my old customs, so love it or leave it >:(

Kristus made mine many years back and I haven't changed it since (except the time I went through about 30 or 40 avatars in 3 weeks). It's based off the other one I used the first few years here, edited from an old picture of mine which most people thought was an atomic bomb exploding.

Share this post


Link to post

I picked this one because it seemed to be the only one people werent using. I wouldnt mind a change though, maybe to a nicer picture of Firebrand?

Share this post


Link to post

It's the first avatar I had when I joined. :D (With a faded 10.)

Though due to the avatar system being boinkied, I couldn't change it back to it's old version on the last day, hahaha. :D It has a faded 10 on it for Doom's 10th birthday. :D

I chose the original one (Hereskull as I call it :D) in the first place because I thought it looked cool. :D And Heretic is cool too. :D That and I made a radical animated version a while later of it which I had for a while. :D

Share this post


Link to post

At one time normal users could use custom avatars once they reached 250 posts, but it broke. As for custom titles, normal users never could use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

At the time I wasn't a supermod and locked threads didn't have the red key symbol by them.

Also, I have devoted a lot of effort to skipping as many red keys as possible in Icarus. So maybe I'm trying to get away from the thing.

Heh, freaky coincidence.

Lüt said:

Oi! That's one of my old customs, so love it or leave it >:(

Don't worry Lüt, I <3 my roofles.

kc32 said:

Why can't regular users have custom avatars or titles?

Because we suck and we fail it. It's one of the Staff's ways of saying "We wear the manpants on this forum, pally!"

Ichor said:

At one time normal users could use custom avatars once they reached 250 posts, but it broke. As for custom titles, normal users never could use them.

One of these days, when I've got really good ones, I'm going to work up the courage to ask an Admin for a custom avatar/title...one of these days...

Share this post


Link to post
-_DLD_- said:

One of these days, when I've got really good ones, I'm going to work up the courage to ask an Admin for a custom avatar/title...one of these days...

Just make sure to address it via Private Message or another form of direct messaging and not a forum thread, hahaha. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously. Doing that would piss off the Staff, possibly give me a very insulting Custom Title, and perhaps earn me a week or two in the Cooler (aka Losers).

I can't think of anything fitting for at least a semi-perminant Title, so I'm not going to bother even asking until I think of something.

I'm surprised my weirdness hasn't warrented somebody slapping some bizzare/insulting Title already.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a custom one from a while back, but I chose not to use it anymore, and I haven't used it in years. It's that green-colored cacodemon for those who are wondering. Why did I come up with it? Bah... I don't know anymore. So, now I use ghost fish for no apparent reason. Maybe I'll go without one someday.

Share this post


Link to post

I made lots of custom ones and cycled between them, but then avatar uploading broke and I got tired of asking for admins to change them.

Share this post


Link to post

I chose this one because it looked the best or most interesting to me, and no one else was using it at the time of my registration.

Share this post


Link to post

I used this fish because it seemed the coolest out of the fishies and also rare, I barely see others using it.

Share this post


Link to post
-_DLD_- said:

Obviously. Doing that would piss off the Staff, possibly give me a very insulting Custom Title, and perhaps earn me a week or two in the Cooler (aka Losers).

I can't think of anything fitting for at least a semi-perminant Title, so I'm not going to bother even asking until I think of something.

I'm surprised my weirdness hasn't warrented somebody slapping some bizzare/insulting Title already.


I guess I'm just not popular/stupid enough to have a custom title yet.

Share this post


Link to post

Chose this one because I like the Misfits and I'm not popular enough for a custome one. (I just realized I been here for over a year. Whack.)

Share this post


Link to post
Comiclez said:

I guess I'm just not popular/stupid enough to have a custom title yet.

Heh. Funny story, that. I guess somemody saw some of my comments and took matters into his own hands. I walk away to get my dinner, come back, then BAM! CUSTOM TITLE'D! That title is SO me. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×