Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Why Did You Choose Your Avatar?

gargoylol said:

needs more gargse

-=CENSORED!=-

I'll get started on the bottem half...

If it is okay or even possible could someone replace my animated fishie with a stationary one (the same one if you please).

If you have more than 99999 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar.
Huh? What?

AgentSpork said:

So, um.. Amaster made me a sporkfish. It's awesome. :D

Wow...that is almost as awesome as the DLDFish. Amaster should be the Official DOOMWorld Avatar Maker!

Zaldron said:

Ah, always brings a tear to my eye to see my image quoting macro is still in working order.

I'm sad that people stopped using mine.

[nospamming]Danarchy[/nospamming]

...the tag doesn't even work anymore...

shotgunmasacre2 said:

Yeah well if they had a shotgunfish that would be awesome, (if they have a sporkfish they should have a shotgunfish) ;P

My best attempt.

Edit: Yeah I know I can just put a shotgun in a "normal" fish's hands but I wanted to try something interesting.

Hmm, as uploading is defunct, what about external uploaded avas?
This way it wont waste dw's bandwidth and everyone and his dog can have its own ava.
In forums i am active we have seen that the following rule is good enough for everyone, even modem users:
The Avatar has a maximum of 80x80 pixel and a maximum of 15 kbyte in size.
It has to be in gif, png or jpg.

My normal one for example is 80x79 and was 8,8 kbyte.
(80x79 at 8,8 kbyte)
I have downsampled him to 2,6 kbyte by just open and save in TheGimp.
(80x79 at 2,5 kbyte)
Lets see if anyone can tell them appart!
If you dont trust me, look into my source by clicking on quote.
So, dear admins of this place, could you enable external avatar hosting?

No, that would be dumb as remote avatars would be huge and be some stupid retarded 4chan animation squeezed in a 38x38.

And it won't fix the rewrite bug, no matter where it's being uploaded from

Oh and if you haven't noticed, avatars are still remote, just not easily changable from the user's end to prevent dumbass abuse, plus it's better having to earn one than just see 30000 newbies with the stupid retarded furry/yugioh/dbz/halo avatar of their choice.

Then make a 200 posts limit so no noob can have its noobish ava that blinks and causes eyecancer *g*

But i think i am playing Don Quichote, again....

gargoylol said:

No, that would be dumb as remote avatars would be huge and be some stupid retarded 4chan animation squeezed in a 38x38.

And it won't fix the rewrite bug, no matter where it's being uploaded from

Oh and if you haven't noticed, avatars are still remote, just not easily changable from the user's end to prevent dumbass abuse, plus it's better having to earn one than just see 30000 newbies with the stupid retarded furry/yugioh/dbz/halo avatar of their choice.

I agree, it's pretty much honourable to get an avatar/title around here, and if you let everybody have one right when they walk in the door, then the forum would lose it's soul. Simple.

Comiclez said:

I agree, it's pretty much honourable to get an avatar/title around here, and if you let everybody have one right when they walk in the door, then the forum would lose it's soul. Simple.

HERE HERE! DW has given me a whole new respect for avatars and titles. People wanted a 150x150 avatar on another site, and I said "heh, you whore, mine's 36x36...learn to live with SMALL AVATARS!"

Going here really opened my eyes to how much of a whore most other people are on other forums.

I used to complain that 80x80 was too small an avatar size, now I'm content with less than 40x40.

If you can describe DW in two words, it'd be strict maturity.

This is discounting when zarkyb/Scuba Steve/etc go on a comic rampage.

I've seen forums where some people had 500x500 animated avatars that would make a 56k weep.

Holy freaking shit. I thought Obelisk Blue was bad with their 100x100...

I have never seen 500x500...

How old are these people, twelve?

Probably, those dang inconsidorate kids with their dad working their ass off for a T1 line,

On topic, I chose this avatar because its the symbol that appears in the corner when the connection is interrupted in return to castle wolfenstien multiplayer.

RandomMarine said:

Probably, those dang inconsidorate kids with their dad working their ass off for a T1 line,

T1? Pff.... what do you want to rise with 1 mbit? I have two of them and maybee i will stock that up to 6 mbit soon.
WIll raise my DSL costs from 25 Euro to 35 Euro but what the heck *g*

Well, mine is a selfmade image of one of my carnifexes from back when I still played Warhammer 40000

I think it's name is Knusperkex