Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlackAsDaNight

Dimebag Darrell 1 Year today

So for thoose of you who cared or were moved by the events of last year When Dimebag was shot dead on stadge, how you feel from today?

Myself, firstly it made me question my course as a mental health nurse at uni (as Nathan Gale was a diagnosed Schizophrenic).I found it hard to accept untill 3 months or so after, kind of like when my grandma died as dimebag is possibly the must influenacal person to not only my musical life but how I lived my life aswell (which ca'nt be any good for my liver! =D ). From being 15 and remebering the whole of the home video word for word to learning how to play the solos from CBH and all his guitar interviews and posters and for once being the first guitarist to be a damm good player but not a bloody geek either!

Eitherway what i learnt from this year was someone said "people pay respect to dimebag whenever you listen to pantera", in my opion i think thats bullshit. I will still and allways listen to Pantera for the same reason i did before the events of one year back but today (or his birthday) will be my day to remeber him.

I remember hearing about it last year. I was like "wtf, Dimebag Darrel?" and then I heard he was in Pantera and I was like "that's terrible...Pantera \m/"

Didn't another famous musician get shot on this date as well. I think he was called Vladimir Lenin or something. :P

25 years.

Damn, it truly is a shame that such a positive, influential role model for the children of today was shot one year ago to this day. May he -and his dimebags- rest eternally in peace!

One of my friends is good friends with a studio bassist from Austin TX who's worked with Ministry, David Allen Coe, Butthole Surfers ect.. Way before Dimebag got shot he would talk about him and emphisized how much of a nice guy he was despite the stage persona he put out to the public. Dimebag was a good person and in my opinion the best guitar player in the history of metal. He could shred, make noises that can't be duplicated and write some of the catchiest, badass riffs Iv'e ever heard.

On the flipside, what metal musician wouldn't want to go out on stage in a hail of gunfire?

Some footballer (soccer) wastrel died somehow a week ago. Now I won't be able to see world events on the news. :( I saw princess Diana in the paper t'other day. I was like; 'wtf? hasn't she been dead for ages?'

I don't mean to be harsh, but didn't we say good by to dimebag last year? Sure the event was tragic, but bringing back his memory is surely the opposite of letting him rest.

I don't think my exampes above will ever have that luxury.