Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xenaero

[newproject] 4BiTDooM [Working Title]

Kind of like the 8bit series but this (What I plan at least) should be more true to the name, 4 bit. Yeah, 16 colors. Thing is, I want to make this a megawad for SP, with monster, sound, music, sprite, gfx replacements, at least for now. Maybe even replace them all and just have a whole new standalone wad. I don't know, this is just an idea, because NESDoom is never going to ever get done (*Kicks deathzor). Ideas/suggestions/cries for no more?

I can definetly understand the nostalgia craze, as I'm an avid fan of the snes and nes game consoles - but is this really necassary? We already have SNES doom (or atleast I think we do) and stripping Doom down even farther than that just seems unecassary considering the game's age to begin with.

Also, I think this has been done before. Maybe not with new levels and graphics, but with pallete changes.

DD_133 said:

I don't know, this is just an idea, because NESDoom is never going to ever get done (*Kicks deathzor).

Don't kick me, kick Ralphis! He's the one that got all emo and refused to finish off the last 15% of the graphics.

deathz0r said:

Don't kick me, kick Ralphis! He's the one that got all emo and refused to finish off the last 15% of the graphics.

What could possibly be hard about doing graphics with like 8 colors overall. It's just a color shift in XWE away you lazy bum. :P